Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Shawnee Bob
14ers: 22 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Shawnee Bob »

+1 on Ommegang Abbey Ale. Good stuff.

Couple more that I'm not sure you can get in CO, but are worth finding if you're ever in Oklahoma.

COOP Aleworks Zeppelin and COOP Aleworks DOA. The DOA is pretty strong in terms of alcohol content, extremely smooth. I've yet to find something as drinkable as the Zeppelin.
Because life's too short to be an indoor cat.

http://proactiveoutside.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

Tried a couple of these last night....
7hop-hugger-green1-300x250.jpg
7hop-hugger-green1-300x250.jpg (34.96 KiB) Viewed 1647 times
Very tasty!
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
brian777
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by brian777 »

Beer is great. From my previous home in Asheville NC to my new home in Fort Collins CO Im aiming to try as many as possible. Here goes thus far...
1.) St Bernardus ABT 12 - oh my gosh good. Especially paired with red meat and starch
2.) Fat Tire - no explanation needed
3.) New Belgium Trippel - What is this delicousness I behold?
4.)Southern Tier Pumking- Best pumpkin beer Ive ever had. Hands down. Its like eating a piece of pumpkin pie backwards.
5.) Cold Beer- My friends I leave this spot open to cold beer. For a cold beer is way better than no beer at all.
tx_mountain_medic
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tx_mountain_medic »

Shiner Black. Beer brewed in the Great State of Texas.
mnmtman
14ers: 5 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mnmtman »

#1 Surly Furious

#2 Bells Hopslam
SarahT
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 670 168
Trip Reports (75)

Post by SarahT »

Paulaner Hefeweizen

Die Zeit ist unendlich lang und ein jeder Tag ein Gefäß, in das sich sehr viel eingießen lässt, wenn man es wirklich ausfüllen will.... Goethe
http://www.13ergirl.com/
weschun
14ers: 38  12 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by weschun »

It is Beer Can Appreciation Day.

It was on this date in 1935 that beer was first sold in cans.
I'm striving to be the man my dog thinks I am.
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Today, my ship came in. \:D/ This is stuff to sip, savor, and save for special occasions.
The Lord of Helmuts also appears pleased.
IMG_2344.jpg
IMG_2344.jpg (84.39 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
Mickeys Grenade
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Mickeys Grenade »

Mickeys Wide Mouth (Grenades) "Fine Malt Liquor :lol:
Floyd
14ers: 58 
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Floyd »

Matt wrote:Today, my ship came in. \:D/ This is stuff to sip, savor, and save for special occasions.
Well done sir. A buddy of mine left at my place after the Super Bowl what could be my new favorite - Cuvee Van De Keizer Blauw. It's only brewed once a year on 2/24 - the birthday of Charles V. So far I only know of one place to get it and its way out in BF suburbia near me. It's definitely giving Three Philosophers a run for its money.
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason
mtsuji
14ers: 58  5  4 
13ers: 10 3
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtsuji »

The Southern Sun had an excellent Chai Stout for stout month. Sadly it was gone within 48 hours of stout month starting.
Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Presto »

by Matt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:34 pm
Today, my ship came in. \:D/ This is stuff to sip, savor, and save for special occasions.
=P~ :iluvbeer: :wink:
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM