Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
bking14ers
14ers: 49 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by bking14ers »

Dave B wrote:I am forced multiple times anually to go to Ohio for research. Great Lakes Brewing is the one sollace to be taken from long hot and humid days working in the field.

I was delighted to arrive Ohio-side this year to see this delectable brew available. It's not worth the trip to Ohio alone (what is actually) but not bad for the midwest.

HERE NOW! I live in Ohio. Cleveland did get two thing's right. They make good beer, and they have the Rock Hall.
Everything you want in life is on the other side of fear. -- Margaret T.
You'll never have a better chance to climb that mountain than you do today. -- Dave C.
Dude! I knew you would cave-in once we got up there. -- Dean G.
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

Thanks to my sister, Beth (ketel1), for the gift of this beer for helping her move... what a gyp there was only one!
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

bking14ers wrote:
HERE NOW! I live in Ohio. Cleveland did get two thing's right. They make good beer, and they have the Rock Hall.
I do apologize. I really have nothing against Ohio except that my travels there tend to be ordained to occur at the height of good skiing and climbing here in CO.
Make wilderness less accessible.
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

POST #1000!

Here's the latest and greatest (In my option) from Mikkeller the "Gypsy Brewer" calibrating with Anchorage Brewing Co. It's a delicious Farmhouse IPA.. It has a great traditional farmhouse taste, but a great IPA hop to it. If you happen to stumble upon a bottle, pick it up you won't be disappointed.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/mikkeller- ... pa/175815/

Tasting Notes from Mile High Wine and Spirts -
Zesty and full of ripe citrus aromas, the hops are fragrant and full of freshness even while the beer is already 6 months old. Aged in oak and re-fermented in the bottle with Brett, the natural working power of the yeast slows oxidation and retains the punch of juicy tropical hop nuances. Having enough age, the wild yeast has emerged enough to contribute the distinct earthy and rustic edges of flavors that are both delicious as they are complex. Bitter orange rind, ripe mangos, tannic wood and picture perfect attenuation, this is a beer that sets a standard and should be in the running for beginning a new style all together. Two great mad men, at the height of their craft have put their heads together and created a beer that seems to have come from somewhere deep within their area of desire. It translates well onto us and we welcome the invasion.
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
emiller
14ers: 6 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (1)

Post by emiller »

Three-Floyds-Dark-Lord-Imperial-Stout-label.jpg
Three-Floyds-Dark-Lord-Imperial-Stout-label.jpg (87.01 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
Tried this tasty brew on Sunday. Perhaps the most flavors I have ever tasted in one beverage. Only available 1 day a year.
Dan_Suitor
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Dan_Suitor »

I am a wimp when it comes to real spicy stuff, but this Chili Beer is excellent!
1_115602134_3.jpg
1_115602134_3.jpg (84.59 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
Century Bound, eventually.
Gareth
14ers: 25 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Gareth »

Dan_Suitor wrote:I am a wimp when it comes to real spicy stuff, but this Chili Beer is excellent!
1_115602134_3.jpg
Good stuff. Goes well with foods that can take a nice chili kick.
"Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second."
- William James
bking14ers
14ers: 49 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bking14ers »

Dave B wrote:
bking14ers wrote:
I do apologize. I really have nothing against Ohio except that my travels there tend to be ordained to occur at the height of good skiing and climbing here in CO.
We're good man...
Everything you want in life is on the other side of fear. -- Margaret T.
You'll never have a better chance to climb that mountain than you do today. -- Dave C.
Dude! I knew you would cave-in once we got up there. -- Dean G.
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

Dan_Suitor wrote:I am a wimp when it comes to real spicy stuff, but this Chili Beer is excellent!
1_115602134_3.jpg
+1 I really like this beer. It goes very well with foods that would taste good with peppers. Not bad by itself either. A little pricey but I pay it.
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
Dan_Suitor
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Dan_Suitor »

unclegar wrote:
1_115602134_3.jpg
+1 I really like this beer. It goes very well with foods that would taste good with peppers. Not bad by itself either. A little pricey but I pay it.
Life’s too short to drink Cheap Beer :-D :iluvbeer:
Century Bound, eventually.
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

TeamDino5280 wrote:Got one of these for my birthday and it was fantastic

Undercover Investigation Shut-down Ale - Lagunitas Brewing Company

Also River North Brewery should be releasing their whiskey barrel aged black IPA soon and that should be awesome since all of their other barrel series have been fantastic especially the whiskey aged saison (J-Marie) and the whiskey aged Avarice imperial stout

http://www.rivernorthbrewery.com/
+1 on that Lagunitas Undercover. That is a tasty beverage.

Uinta Anniversary Barley Wine is very above average and is 6.79$ for a 4-pack at Grapevine on Monaco/Leetsdale.

I know its probably been mentioned before - but La Cumbre Elevated IPA is arguably the most unique beer on the market. Can't wait till they start distributing it in Colorado - which will apparently be a while. Nonetheless - its good to have friends (Matt and TommyBoy) who like to spend time in New Mexico and bring back shipments.
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

HERCULES DOUBLE IPA Great Divide Brewing..... giddy-up.