Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: Favorite Beer?

Postby Dave B » Thu May 23, 2013 9:51 am

I am forced multiple times anually to go to Ohio for research. Great Lakes Brewing is the one sollace to be taken from long hot and humid days working in the field.

I was delighted to arrive Ohio-side this year to see this delectable brew available. It's not worth the trip to Ohio alone (what is actually) but not bad for the midwest.

"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby bking14ers » Thu May 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Dave B wrote:I am forced multiple times anually to go to Ohio for research. Great Lakes Brewing is the one sollace to be taken from long hot and humid days working in the field.

I was delighted to arrive Ohio-side this year to see this delectable brew available. It's not worth the trip to Ohio alone (what is actually) but not bad for the midwest.

HERE NOW! I live in Ohio. Cleveland did get two thing's right. They make good beer, and they have the Rock Hall.

Postby wildlobo71 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Thanks to my sister, Beth (ketel1), for the gift of this beer for helping her move... what a gyp there was only one!
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby Dave B » Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm

bking14ers wrote:
HERE NOW! I live in Ohio. Cleveland did get two thing's right. They make good beer, and they have the Rock Hall.

I do apologize. I really have nothing against Ohio except that my travels there tend to be ordained to occur at the height of good skiing and climbing here in CO.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby dehrlich101 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:52 pm

POST #1000!

Here's the latest and greatest (In my option) from Mikkeller the "Gypsy Brewer" calibrating with Anchorage Brewing Co. It's a delicious Farmhouse IPA.. It has a great traditional farmhouse taste, but a great IPA hop to it. If you happen to stumble upon a bottle, pick it up you won't be disappointed.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/mikkeller-invasion-farmhouse-ipa/175815/

Tasting Notes from Mile High Wine and Spirts -
Zesty and full of ripe citrus aromas, the hops are fragrant and full of freshness even while the beer is already 6 months old. Aged in oak and re-fermented in the bottle with Brett, the natural working power of the yeast slows oxidation and retains the punch of juicy tropical hop nuances. Having enough age, the wild yeast has emerged enough to contribute the distinct earthy and rustic edges of flavors that are both delicious as they are complex. Bitter orange rind, ripe mangos, tannic wood and picture perfect attenuation, this is a beer that sets a standard and should be in the running for beginning a new style all together. Two great mad men, at the height of their craft have put their heads together and created a beer that seems to have come from somewhere deep within their area of desire. It translates well onto us and we welcome the invasion.
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Postby emiller » Tue May 28, 2013 7:31 am

Three-Floyds-Dark-Lord-Imperial-Stout-label.jpg
Three-Floyds-Dark-Lord-Imperial-Stout-label.jpg (87.01 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Tried this tasty brew on Sunday. Perhaps the most flavors I have ever tasted in one beverage. Only available 1 day a year.

Postby Dan_Suitor » Tue May 28, 2013 11:46 am

I am a wimp when it comes to real spicy stuff, but this Chili Beer is excellent!

1_115602134_3.jpg
1_115602134_3.jpg (84.59 KiB) Viewed 361 times

Postby Gareth » Tue May 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Dan_Suitor wrote:I am a wimp when it comes to real spicy stuff, but this Chili Beer is excellent!

1_115602134_3.jpg

Good stuff. Goes well with foods that can take a nice chili kick.
"Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second."
- William James

Postby bking14ers » Wed May 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Dave B wrote:
bking14ers wrote:

I do apologize. I really have nothing against Ohio except that my travels there tend to be ordained to occur at the height of good skiing and climbing here in CO.

We're good man...

Postby unclegar » Thu May 30, 2013 9:54 am

Dan_Suitor wrote:I am a wimp when it comes to real spicy stuff, but this Chili Beer is excellent!

1_115602134_3.jpg

+1 I really like this beer. It goes very well with foods that would taste good with peppers. Not bad by itself either. A little pricey but I pay it.
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Postby Dan_Suitor » Thu May 30, 2013 12:36 pm

unclegar wrote:

1_115602134_3.jpg

+1 I really like this beer. It goes very well with foods that would taste good with peppers. Not bad by itself either. A little pricey but I pay it.

Life’s too short to drink Cheap Beer :-D :iluvbeer:

Postby lordhelmut » Thu May 30, 2013 12:50 pm

TeamDino5280 wrote:Got one of these for my birthday and it was fantastic

Undercover Investigation Shut-down Ale - Lagunitas Brewing Company

Also River North Brewery should be releasing their whiskey barrel aged black IPA soon and that should be awesome since all of their other barrel series have been fantastic especially the whiskey aged saison (J-Marie) and the whiskey aged Avarice imperial stout

http://www.rivernorthbrewery.com/

+1 on that Lagunitas Undercover. That is a tasty beverage.

Uinta Anniversary Barley Wine is very above average and is 6.79$ for a 4-pack at Grapevine on Monaco/Leetsdale.

I know its probably been mentioned before - but La Cumbre Elevated IPA is arguably the most unique beer on the market. Can't wait till they start distributing it in Colorado - which will apparently be a while. Nonetheless - its good to have friends (Matt and TommyBoy) who like to spend time in New Mexico and bring back shipments.

PreviousNext