Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Gear Slut Thread/ Gear Closet Check in

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: Gear Slut Thread/ Gear Closet Check in

Postby thunderinacircle » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:13 pm

cushman wrote:
thunderinacircle wrote:cushman, what is that on your basement walls?

Gear! No, it's insulation.

Interesting. I've never seen insulation like that on the inside of a basement on a newer home, which I'm assuming it is based on the TGI floor joists. I'm only familiar with 1/2'' to 2'' foam on the outside of the walls. Did you do that yourself?

I'm jealous of your collection btw
when the moon first rose tonight, my eyes were met with such a beautiful sight. a feeling deep inside so hard to explain, so familiar yet impossible to name. this is the place where dreams come true, a part of me and a part of you. this is where our spirits fly, on beams of light across the sky...and i'll meet you, in the valley of the full moon. as bright as the sun, in the middle of the afternoon.

CG_old

Postby CG_old » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:18 pm

thunderinacircle wrote:
cushman wrote:
thunderinacircle wrote:cushman, what is that on your basement walls?

Gear! No, it's insulation.

Interesting. I've never seen insulation like that on the inside of a basement on a newer home, which I'm assuming it is based on the TGI floor joists. I'm only familiar with 1/2'' to 2'' foam on the outside of the walls. Did you do that yourself?

I'm jealous of your collection btw

My house was the same way until I finished the basement. It's just R-13 fiberglass insulation with a plastic sheeting on the living space side. Mine was attached to the walls with ram set nails. House was built in '93... it's the first time I'd seen it in a home, but my other homes were all 50+ years old.

Postby lodidodi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:20 am

i've decided to organize my gear better, anybody organize lately and have some cool pics?

Postby skiwall » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:40 am

ezsuperkev wrote:My garage looks like a REI after a suicide bombing. It's not pretty.

LOL!!!!

At least I'm not the only one...
"A good woman knows her place is in the backcountry." - PW '08

Postby bergsteigen » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:41 am

skiwall wrote:
ezsuperkev wrote:My garage looks like a REI after a suicide bombing. It's not pretty.

LOL!!!!

At least I'm not the only one...

Ha ha, that would be my 2nd BDR in my condo... almost impassable now
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby Aggie_05 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:54 am

no pictures, but we got organized last year and now have a room in the basement that looks similar to Heddy's garage picture on page 2. the plastic bin system is great: one for each sport. makes getting ready and putting everything in the car really fast, and as long as you don't forget the rubbermaid, you know you didn't leave anything behind...although our mountainbiking rubbermaid is starting to smell like @ss.

Previous