Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Men's Gloves for Large Hands

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Men's Gloves for Large Hands

Postby roozers42 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:38 am

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good ski glove for men with large hands? Even the XL size for the major brands seem a bit too small. I guess I'm looking to see if there was a particular style that has worked well for people in the past. Thanks!
Marmot Picture taken by David Worthington, 7/3/06

Re: Men's Gloves for Large Hands

Postby krz2fer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:02 pm

How big of hands are we talking here?

Chris

Postby Kojones » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:49 pm

You know what they say about men with big hands... they have big feet. And you know what they say about men with big feet... they have big shoes.

Kojones
Climbing partner: "Is this uphill the whole way?"
Kojones: "No, only half the hike is uphill."

Postby Duffus Kentucky Climber » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:53 pm

"Cold hands, warm heart

Dirty feet, no sweetheart"

We hillbillys have a million of 'em!
It looks like the ridge is just right up there!

Postby KentonB » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:35 pm

roozers42 wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion for a good ski glove for men with large hands? Even the XL size for the major brands seem a bit too small. I guess I'm looking to see if there was a particular style that has worked well for people in the past. Thanks!

I feel your pain! I used a web site's guide once and it recommended "Large" for me (based on measuring my hand width). I ordered them, and they were WAY too small. Sent them back for the biggest size they had (XL)... and they are really too tight, but I'm getting by with them. Even putting liners on makes them so tight I can barely bend my fingers.

Funny thing is, I wouldn't really call my hands "big"... but my hands are like the rest of me... long and lanky. They just don't make gloves to fit guys like us.

Postby lodidodi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:03 pm

I have pretty big hands(I can easily palm a basketball) and black diamond gloves and mittens in XL fit me pretty good. The fingers even go all the way down and don't stop short.

Postby USAKeller » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:06 am

Jen,
Did you try the REI brand? I wear their Ridgecrest mountaineering mitts (for climbing and skiing), in a size XS (and my hands aren't small). I think their gloves/mitts run fairly big. If you haven't already, check out their Switchback glove: http://www.rei.com/product/757118?vcat= ... OTHING_TOC
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby drodriguez » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:28 pm

I have big hands too, and apparently big feet and shoes. Look at OR mitts. They run a little big so they fit really well if you have big hands - not to mention that they are awesome mitts i.e. waterproof and warm.
Runnin' down a dream that never would come to me...

Postby roozers42 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:31 pm

Thanks for the laughs, all!

Lodi - that's exactly the info I was looking for. I was hoping to find a good Christmas present for my husband because he's always disappointed with the way his gloves fit.
Marmot Picture taken by David Worthington, 7/3/06