Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Props to Marmot warranty repair!

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Props to Marmot warranty repair!

Postby denalibound » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:18 pm

I recently sent in a pair of Gore-Tex pants to Marmot for warranty repair because one of the snaps at the bottom had come off. I received them back yesterday and not only did they fix the straps they did something that I didn't ask for, and I guess something that had never really crossed my mind before.

They added stiffeners to the internal wind flaps on the side zips! For years I have been dealing with the full length zippers getting stuck on the wind flaps, always at the most inconvenient of times, usually when I had big winter gloves on or was in the middle of a snow storm. Without my prompting they recognized stiffeners needed to be added so the flaps wouldn't get stuck and they sewed them in.

How awesome is that? I called the repair guy personally to say thanks, but also wanted to get the word out that these guys rock!

Re: Props to Marmot warranty repair!

Postby lodidodi » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:29 pm

I have a marmot hydrogen sleeping bag and I used the small stuff sac when I moved and lost the large cotton storage sac. I called them up expecting to pay like 10 bucks for the new storage sac and they sent me one for free.