Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Big Agnes 0 Degree

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Big Agnes 0 Degree

Postby Falcon3 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:32 pm

Well I just picked up the Big Agnes Moon Hill 0 degree down bag and pad on SAC! I'm looking forward to trying it out in my front yard here in Iowa. I'll let you guys know how it holds up. I gotta say the fact that BA doesn't have insulation on the bottom is a little unnerving, but I figure for this price I can't complain-

Ditto!

Postby bblack99 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:34 pm

I picked up the long version of the bag earlier today when it was on SAC, I'm pretty excited to try it out over Christmas weekend in northern Missouri. This can be the official Moon Hill review thread!

Postby Ken Gross » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:11 am

I have used my BA Sleeping Bag for 4 seasons now, and I like it. I have not found the lack of insulation on the bottom to be a problem.

In a traditional bag, insulation on the bottom of the bag does not provide much warmth anyway since it is squished beneath you and doesnt loft.

BA does sell an insulated air core pad, or you could possibly use an exped down mat or similar for very cold nights. The quality of sleep in BA bags are outstanding, because you always stay right on your pad!
"Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb discussing what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb willing to contest the majority decision." Benjamin Franklin 1755

Re: Big Agnes 0 Degree

Postby bblack99 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Slight problem folks...I received my Big Agnes Crater FIFTEEN-DEGREE bag today instead of the Moon Hill. Guess my camping trip for this weekend is scratched while I ship this sucker back to SteepandCheap and ask for my 0-degree.

Did anyone else have the same problem?

***UPDATE: The guys at SteepandCheap were super-nice and already have things set up to fix the mistake. It's a Christmas miracle!