Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Black Diamond Firstlight

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Black Diamond Firstlight

Postby caad4rep » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:13 pm

I just picked up a Firstlight tent for an amazing price and now I am second guessing myself a little. I set it up in my basement while it is very light weight I am wondering how it's going to hold up in winds above treeline. Does anyone have experience with this tent in storms with some high winds?

Postby MyFeetHurt » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:05 pm

I'll chime in since nobody else has yet. I have the lighthouse which is probably a bit worse in the wind then the firstlight. It's been fine for me above tree line in the summer but I haven't experienced any severe weather in it yet. I can tell you that if you expect wind like in the winter, it would be VERY cramped with 2 people and fabric in your face. Also, that fabric doesn't totally block the wind so it can get drafty and cold. I could see it getting shredded easily too. Never the less, more and more people are liking it for winter shelters and hard core climbing (Rupal Face!). You could use it like a bivvy sack too I've heard. I personally just use it in mild summer weather and I love it.