Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

PSA: 50% off everthing as Sierra Trading Post

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

PSA: 50% off everthing as Sierra Trading Post

Postby mrburns » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:27 pm

Sale ends today...

sierratradingpost.com
"They've got the internet on computers now?" - H. Simpson

Postby CO Native » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:48 pm

Actually it says at least 50% off everything. Since they claim everything is always 35% to 70% off usually that's not that impressive of a sale.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com

Postby mrburns » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:22 pm

"Actually it says at least 50% off everything. Since they claim everything is always 35% to 70% off usually that's not that impressive of a sale."

why does it seem like the trend on this forum is responding to every post with a grammatical correction or some other nit picky response? Can't people just say thanks for the heads up and move on?
"They've got the internet on computers now?" - H. Simpson

Postby lordhelmut » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:27 pm

I think I'm set for the year in terms of gear, but 1/2 off sales are always tempting.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:32 pm

I browsed STP today but the shelves are pretty bare.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby Jcwhite » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:45 pm

yeah but steepandcheap.com is having a gear storm. 100 items in 24 hours...
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Postby Eaglevu » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:59 pm

I found a cheap pair of 200cm Fisher E99's at STP-online. Originally $300, marked down to $180. I drove out to the Cheyenne store to look before buying. After I supplied them with my zip code, they took another $50 off. Probably out of sympathy. I ended getting the last pair in stock.
-Eaglevu
(Member of the "EVEREST IS TOO D_MN HIGH!" party.)

Postby tress » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:01 pm

hey thanks mr burns i already knew and bought some stuff yesterday.
On you comment about people and their need to correct things I notice that to, not sure why they feel the need.
I read some stupid comment about golf and the original poster was just talking smack about golf not being dangerous and somebody had to chime in with it's dangerous because of the strikes that occur blah blah blah.

Postby CorduroyCalves » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:17 pm

tress wrote:hey thanks mr burns i already knew and bought some stuff yesterday.
On you comment about people and their need to correct things I notice that to, not sure why they feel the need.
I read some stupid comment about golf and the original poster was just talking smack about golf not being dangerous and somebody had to chime in with it's dangerous because of the strikes that occur blah blah blah.

You used the wrong "to". . . :wink: LOL!

Yeah, I agree with what you're saying, though. Can't we all just get along? [-o<
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir

Postby ScottN » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:30 pm

I picked up a pair of convertible hiking pants for 25 bucks. Not a bad deal, and I've been looking for a pair. Thanks for the link.

Postby CO Native » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:35 pm

mrburns wrote:"Actually it says at least 50% off everything. Since they claim everything is always 35% to 70% off usually that's not that impressive of a sale."

why does it seem like the trend on this forum is responding to every post with a grammatical correction or some other nit picky response? Can't people just say thanks for the heads up and move on?

You just made it sound like everything was 50% off their prices. It put me under the wrong impression. Sometimes they do 25% off sales that allow you to take 25% off their discounted prices. I was just trying to clarify the sale. Just posting a response that I felt was appropriate for others who might be disappointed when they read the subject line.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com

Postby 2_Salukis » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:31 pm

mrburns wrote:"Actually it says at least 50% off everything. Since they claim everything is always 35% to 70% off usually that's not that impressive of a sale."

IMO, that's not nit picky at all. There's a huge difference between "50% off everything" and "up to 50% off everything." Typical marketing ploy, that really makes it sounds better than it is.

I sometimes get fooled initially by Moosejaw with their wording. Like the recent "Buy any 4 Moosejaw items and the 4th one is free." What the fine print really means is "any 4 Moosejaw brand items."

The devil is in the details.

Next