Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Catus Park Dominguez Canyon

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Catus Park Dominguez Canyon

Postby giarcd » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:14 am

The return trip coming tomorrow,it's one of those "must do" things since missing it the first time-----off of hwy 141 south of Whitewater---they say lots of warefalls,pools and wonderous desert scenery----scramble oppurtunities?----no Snow yet----any other suggestions for desert areas welcome!

Craig

Postby grock52 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:59 am

if you like Dominguez, check out Escalante canyon. its just south of Dominguez and north of Delta off hwy 50. lots of scrambling ops. a few historic buildings, climbing ops.. good access by passanger car.

also, your not far from Colorado National Monument which is loaded with hiking and scrambling opportunities.

plus, from C.N.M. you can go to rattlesnake canyon which has a dozen or so natural arches you can climb and explore. i highly recommend this trip but the road in is long and conditions vary greatly with weather, also, the last mile or so requires a high clearance vehicle. have fun!
When I look down from mountains lofty grandeur... my soul cries out, My God, how great Thou art

Postby giarcd » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:53 pm

thanks grock 52 ,
CNM Rattlesnake and Mee Canyons are on my short list for early winter season class 3 scrambles-----GREAT SUGGESTIONS---my hopes are next summer to do many class 3 14er routes ---- must shed 35lbs of weight gained after quit smoking (good trade off,though!)