Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Hooded marmot Driclime jacket or equiv?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Hooded marmot Driclime jacket or equiv?

Postby Pivvay » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:39 am

I love my Marmot Driclime jacket. The only thing it's missing is an integral lined hood. Have they ever made such a version?

Any other softshell type jackets out there that can compare? I wear it everyday and am looking to take it on some late fall/winter trips into the mountains but I'd love a hood. I've become a hood addict!

Postby Jon Frohlich » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:49 am

I thought they did but I can't find it. The Marmot Ion jacket has a hood but from what I remember when I saw one it doesn't have the soft lining. It's more like a rain jacket. A version with a hood would be great.

Postby Pivvay » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:08 am

Yea I've got the Ion. It's a great unlined windshirt but with the way the fall/winter weather is I'm always going to need more warmth on the go than just my baselayer and the Ion.

Patagonia R1 Hoody or Smartwool shadow hoody is my baselayer. Looking for an adjustable "softshell" type layer to go over that. The Driclime is great but it just lacks a lined hood. With the full zip though I can easily vent it if it's hot and it handles moisture well. I frequently wear it biking and even though the DWR is mostly worn off it drys very fast once the precip is done and I never get cold and wet inside it. I'll still have a light hardshell for wicked storms but I try to minimize stops when I'm out. It's easy to put the hood up or down or unzip to control heat.

Postby mtnview » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:40 am

Don't know of one but you could get a custom snap on hood made somewhere.

I bought the Sierra Designs Microlight windbreaker which has a hood at REI for around $30 and I use this over my driclime jacket.

Allan
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise (of his return), as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
http://www.truedino.com/colorado14ers.htm