Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

What happened to Missy?

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
Let's try to keep the topics related to mountaineering, please.

Re: What happened to Missy?

Postby Trudger » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:41 am

guitarman wrote:
RosieTheSummiter wrote:
Ridge runner wrote: I am going to do what I damn well please with my dog and police like you are not going to tell me otherwise.

Thank-you, Ridge runner. That is precisely the attitude to which I'm referring. Well done! =D>

I hope you don't have kids. What a stupid remark.

Your threat to never look at this site again only lasted 9 minutes?

Postby RyanSchilling » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:41 am

guitarman wrote:So I am new to this website and really only looked at it because of a Denver Post article on Missy the ABANDONED dog left by her owner to die alone in the mountains. I am an animal activist not a mountain climber. I think that jsut because you want to climb doesn't mean your dog wants to or is even capable of this. Unfortunately for dogs, they have complete loyalty to their owners an would follow them to their deaths because of this loyalty. I saw many posts on this story supporting this owner and some saying "it's my dog and I'll do what I want" (paraphrasing). I don't think you people who voice these opinions should even own animals. You are way too selfish and self centered. I am reiderating these thoughts because whoever runs this website decided my post wasn't inline with his philosohies and deleted my post. Oh well, no pesky 1st Amendment rights around here. So in closing I won't bother looking at this website again since it is so closeminded that it would support someone leaving his dog to die on a mountain and not even having the humanity to call someone to let them know what had happened. I hope he gets prosecuted and definitely loses Missy.

I doubt your post was deleted, but regardless, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the First Amendment. Get thee to a Civics class!

Postby douglas » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:44 am

guitarman wrote: leaving his dog to die on a mountain and not even having the humanity to call someone to let them know what had happened.

Please go back and read the original story. Better yet - don't. It's better that you don't come back.

Postby ChrisRoberts » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:45 am

reinhold wrote:Get thee to a Civics class!

:lol:
Trudger wrote:Your threat to never look at this site again only lasted 9 minutes?

Oh man, I love this place
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: UN 6945

Postby jaymz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:46 am

reinhold wrote:
guitarman wrote: this website ... is so closeminded that it would support someone leaving his dog to die on a mountain ...

I doubt your post was deleted, but regardless, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the First Amendment. Get thee to a Civics class!

As well as a fundamental ignorance of this website.

Postby MtHurd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:57 am

jaymz wrote:I am reiderating these thoughts because whoever runs this website decided my post wasn't inline with his philosohies and deleted my post. Oh well, no pesky 1st Amendment rights around here. So in closing I won't bother looking at this website again since it is so closeminded that it would support someone leaving his dog to die on a mountain and not even having the humanity to call someone to let them know what had happened.

Postby Waggs » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:02 am

guitarman wrote:So I am new to this website ...

inanity.jpg
inanity.jpg (45.85 KiB) Viewed 255 times

Waggs
Gloves are optional. Mittens mandatory - S. Gladbach

Postby James Dziezynski » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:07 am

Mel: The rescue of "Bugs" the horse happened in the winter of 1956-57. The horse was spotted on the long ridge between Harvard and Yale ( Birthday Peak/Browns Pass area). Local Buena Vista ranchers tried to reach him but the conditions were so bad they had to airlift food to the horse, called "Operation Haylift." During a warm spell, rescuers found Bugs and returned him to his home in Buena Vista.
Check out my book Best Summit Hikes in Colorado at http://amzn.to/WKkWOH

Postby speth » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:12 am

Waggs wrote:
guitarman wrote:So I am new to this website ...

inanity.jpg

Waggs

I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Postby kansas » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:24 am

Matt wrote:So, what are you all climbing this weekend? We're headed to the Sneffels Range.

Thanks for asking!

I've been out climbing the last 3 weekends and think it's time to spend one at home. Maybe brew a batch of pumpkin ale, take care of some yard work and do my best to derail this shitshow with nonsensical pictures.
Attachments
92 - animals knight nonsensical panda picture-unrelated rainbow.jpg
92 - animals knight nonsensical panda picture-unrelated rainbow.jpg (33.39 KiB) Viewed 600 times
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby speth » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:44 am

kansas wrote:
Matt wrote:So, what are you all climbing this weekend? We're headed to the Sneffels Range.

Thanks for asking!

I've been out climbing the last 3 weekends and think it's time to spend one at home. Maybe brew a batch of pumpkin ale, take care of some yard work and do my best to derail this shitshow with nonsensical pictures.

Hmm, that knight would have probably lived if he had been carrying a pistol.
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Postby pflegerc » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:48 am

speth wrote:
kansas wrote:

Thanks for asking!

Hmm, that knight would have probably lived if he had been carrying a pistol.

And pepper spray. That bear is clearly taking a deuce in that alpine tundra as well...nice LNT principles panda!!
Some people have Gods, I have the Mountains. Regardless, neglect either for too long and you will get lost.

PreviousNext