The 14ers.com dogs

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
dcbates80911
14ers: 32  1 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (20)

Re: The 14er.com dogs

Post by dcbates80911 »

This is my two year old Chocolate Lab Kona. She loves to play outside and particularly in deeper snow.

After a good dumping near the Crags Campground

First 14er summit on a windy Democrat - She was happy up there although she looks more disgusted in the picture
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
davebks
14ers: 10 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (3)

Post by davebks »

Here's my li'l Jax. 1 Year old as of this past June. He's an Aussie and ball of energy. amazing on hikes though!!
:wft:

gambailey
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gambailey »

Love this thread and will use it to do my first post...I'm a multi-year lurker and multi-month member, but like so many, more of a watcher than a poster. We found this little guy a year and half ago, and he now has eleven 14ers under his little belt. Frisco is the "climbingest PomChi in the Rockies!"
http://www.14ers.com/images/userpics/20 ... 095007.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
davebks
14ers: 10 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (3)

Post by davebks »

Cute pup and great pic!! Congrats on your first post!! :)
gambailey
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gambailey »

I love these pictures of my dog, Bailey. She's no longer with us, but for 16 years she was as good as it gets. She loved nothing more than our days hiking in the mountains.
http://www.14ers.com/images/userpics/20 ... 101908.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.14ers.com/images/userpics/20 ... 101249.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thetoddman
Trip Reports (0)

Post by thetoddman »

My late Golden Retiever, Morgan, on Mt. Elbert (his final 14er, just shy of 13 years old) -

My new Golden Retriever, Mason, on Mt. Bierstadt (his first 14er, 18 months old) -

JB99
14ers: 41 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (21)

Post by JB99 »

Spriggs! His first 14er was Handies when he was about 5 months old. He is a Puggle/Lhasa Apso mix, better known as a mutt. He's a surprisingly capable climber, and being a smaller dog his paws hold up really well under his weight. His name came from a delirious conversation involving some made up characters on a late drive home from the San Juans, officially Detective Spriggs.

Here he is on American and S. Arapaho Peak(s) this summer...

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not."
Cheaton6
14ers: 19 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Cheaton6 »

This is my dog Maddie and she is a 14 lb 3 year old Cockapoo. This is her first year doing 14er's and so far she has done 7. In the past I had never taken her with me on longer hikes because I wasn't sure how she would do. This last winter I started taking her up Mt Morrison with me and watched how she loved to climb and run up the rocks. On 14er's she looks like a little mountain dog running through the rocks sniffing out marmots. As long as I bring food, water and treats for her she will hike forever.

rainydayrenee
14ers: 43  1  1 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rainydayrenee »

Lucie! She rocks...one 13er and six 14ers under her belt, she is a champ hiker! :)
Attachments
.facebook_-1960237896.jpg
.facebook_-1960237896.jpg (45.39 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
Illinoisgal
14ers: 15 
13ers: 17
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Illinoisgal »

I have brought dogs out to Colorado with me only 3 times. I have some great pics and great memories, but it's tough when you are staying in a hotel. I have enjoyed every photo put here so far, and know I will be watching for more. I think a calendar is a great idea. I volunteer, foster and transport for a German Shepherd Dog rescue (MVGSDR), we do a calendar every year. They take some work to put together, but they are inexpensive to print and we sell them for $15, $17 if it needs to be mailed. Instead of one dog pic per page, we have 4-5 in collage groupings.

Someone needs to start on this now! It's a fabulous way to promote Colorado, mountains and the love of dogs. The calendars would need to be ready before November to get them sold before the end of the year. http://www.photoscramble.com/contests/2 ... o-contest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

Ok, this thread has gotten pretty exclusionary. Kafka, my cat, is a far more accomplished climber than me, or your puppies.

Here he is negotiating the Ellingwood Arete. Sorry the other climber got in the way. It was crowded up there.
kafka.jpg
kafka.jpg (293.12 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
jackbluz
Trip Reports (3)

Post by jackbluz »

Here's my girl, Sophie, heading up Bierstadt earlier this year. This was her second 14er. Couldn't be more proud of my best friend.
Attachments
sophie_1.jpg
sophie_1.jpg (221.76 KiB) Viewed 3890 times