This forum is read-only
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Dog Found: Mt. Bierstadt!

Post by Hungry Jack »

DeucesWild wrote:
Hungry Jack wrote: I live in a fairly wealthy neighborhood in Chicago. I have put a lot of time and energy lately into developing a small children's park on our block because we have lots of little ones. Is this making our society worse off? Is this not a judicious use of personal resources for public good?
Wow. You're really cool. And wealthy. And a humanitarian. I can't think of enough adjectives to describe you.

Can you start a playground in my neighborhood? One with a fountain and attractive shrubberies?
I can also cut down the largest tree in the forest with a herring. But I don't do dog rescue.
please rotate your device
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

DeucesWild wrote:Can you start a playground in my neighborhood? One with a fountain and attractive shrubberies?
Schrubberies are nice....

Last edited by rijaca on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
sjverhaeghe08
14ers: 24 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by sjverhaeghe08 »

If we can just get away from all of this petty political BS for a minute...any update on the search party or the dog herself???
"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end."
Edward Whymper
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

rijaca wrote:"We want....a shrubbery!!!"
You got that on a remarkably small clue, bovine one! =D>
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
sigepnader
14ers: 22 
13ers: 52 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by sigepnader »

Parts of this thread are helping me remember why I prefer animals over humans.

If you want to donate money to help animals, that is awesome. I highly recommend it.

If you prefer to not donate towards animal causes, that is a-okay too. We all have our things.

But to sit hear and throw hissy fits over it is just plain sad. Do we really not have anything else to do today?

Thank you to everyone who are donating their time to find this beautiful dog/companion. If we do decide to raise some funds I can help there.
Robzilla
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Robzilla »

sjverhaeghe08 wrote:If we can just get away from all of this petty political BS for a minute...any update on the search party or the dog herself???
+1,000,000
LuLuLuv
14ers: 58 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (1)

Post by LuLuLuv »

Yes, is there any news about the dog??
lpyle
14ers: 20  2 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by lpyle »

My husband is up there with the search party. I've tried to call him a couple times without success - I assume there's no cell reception. So no update yet.
"I believe that if you set out on an adventure and you're absolutely convinced you are going to be successful, why bother starting?"
- Sir Edmund Hillary
sunny1
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 225 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by sunny1 »

Mel McKinney wrote:
Judging by the weather here in Edwards, I'm assuming it's socked in (and nasty) on Bierstadt right now.
It was, as you suggest, socked in.
Went up the Mt Evans Rd this a.m., planned a descent into the Abyss Lake basin to circle the area, to get a different view.
Was greeted by 35 degree temps, snow and rain, poor visibility.
Made a couple of attempts, but the weather turned me around.
I didn't want to create a SAR event for myself. :oops:

I still hold out hope for good news. [-o<

Cell reception is really sketchy up in that area. I look forward to hearing from that party! I couldn't see any of them this a.m. from the east side of the basin. :(
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.
suesue2222
Trip Reports (0)

Post by suesue2222 »

your husband must be a great guy! your "non-update" is better than nothing. thank you.
suesue2222
Trip Reports (0)

Post by suesue2222 »

UPDATE...Connie Williams runs German Shepherd of Central Colorado. She has been trying to help from her end and just posted this on her personal Facebook page...

Just got a call from Park County Sheriff's office dispatcher and they just talked to Clear Creek animal control, they told them they are sending up a SAR team to get the dog, apparently they have cell contact with someone that has the dog but needs help getting him down.
suesue2222
Trip Reports (0)

Post by suesue2222 »

Sorry - Connie runs German Shepherd RESCUE of Central Colorado.