Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

PLEASE, keep dogs out of the backcountry!

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
Let's try to keep the topics related to mountaineering, please.

Re: PLEASE, keep dogs out of the backcountry!

Postby dumbsocrates » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:09 am

Oman wrote:In that spirit -- Hey Socrates: Unless you're really into yourself, it's vein, not vain.

Duh.... How embarrassing #-o Thank you, sir, and may I have another!

Postby ColoradoKrazy1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:13 am

Another useless thread where the troll gets exactly what they want..........ATTENTION

Postby CorduroyCalves » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:14 am

crazynot22 wrote:Hey I am wondering if Linda's husband doesn't need a lesson or two in crotch licking. He must not be doing it right!!!!!

wow
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir

Postby covfrrider » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:15 am

CorduroyCalves wrote:
crazynot22 wrote:Hey I am wondering if Linda's husband doesn't need a lesson or two in crotch licking. He must not be doing it right!!!!!

wow

Isn't your wife's name Linda, Mr Mike Smith? :-k

Postby BIO_KNEE » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:15 am

Trollet, not troll. She is a she! :mrgreen:
"It is whom the meal is shared with, not what is eaten that makes it special." - Epicurus

Postby wesley_j » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:17 am

Chris P. wrote:Oooh this is fun! Linda, please tell us more about how much you hate the mean little doggies. This is turning into a pretty good Friday.

Apparently Linda's argument against our 'stupid pet's' didn't hold up too well. Don't think we will see her on the forum again...just on a mountain looking to kick our 'stupid pets.'
Trying to do as we should
That doesn't always rhyme with doing what feels good

Postby CorduroyCalves » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:24 am

wesley_j wrote:
Chris P. wrote:Oooh this is fun! Linda, please tell us more about how much you hate the mean little doggies. This is turning into a pretty good Friday.

Apparently Linda's argument against our 'stupid pet's' didn't hold up too well. Don't think we will see her on the forum again...just on a mountain looking to kick our 'stupid pets.'

I think her points are valid, but her delivery was off. Not saying it's right, but unfortunately, it only takes one or two irresposible dog owners to make the rest look bad.

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir

Postby covfrrider » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:25 am

CorduroyCalves (Pete) wrote:I tend to agree with you, Linda, but I'm guessing this thread will be met with criticizm, both constructive and nonsensical. Good luck! :wink:

CorduroyCalves (RePete) wrote:I think her points are valid, but her delivery was off. Not saying it's right, but unfortunately, it only takes one or two irresposible dog owners to make the rest look bad.

Postby sm5280 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:35 am

Cov and CC, can you take your personal vendettas to Off-Route or PMs? It's been a quality thread so far.

Postby CorduroyCalves » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:39 am

sm5280 wrote:Cov and CC, can you take your personal vendettas to Off-Route or PMs? It's been a quality thread so far.

:lol:

Postby dumbsocrates » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:43 am

CorduroyCalves wrote:I think her points are valid, but her delivery was off. Not saying it's right, but unfortunately, it only takes one or two irresposible dog owners to make the rest look bad.

This reply gives me a chance to apologize for my dog to those of you who might find him offensive. He is 16 months old. I know I train him well, and I know that he is super friendly (even though he will bark occasionally at some ill-mannered hiker and sniff her butt), and I know that I always pick up after him and don't allow him to give undesired attention to other hikers.... but he is a dog, and he will make mistakes.... so cut him some slack just for a little longer. 'Cause he is pretty happy to be on the trail, and pretty darn happy to see so many friendly people, who want to say 'hi' to him, and offer water, and just revel in seeing his bushy tail wagging, because, let's face it, if we had tails and were in the mountains, our tails would be wagging too!

Thanks from this happy mountain-climbing dog!

ps. And a-huh! CorduroyCalves can't spell either! :D So there!

Postby CorduroyCalves » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:45 am

dumbsocrates wrote:
CorduroyCalves wrote:I think her points are valid, but her delivery was off. Not saying it's right, but unfortunately, it only takes one or two irresposible dog owners to make the rest look bad.

This reply gives me a chance to apologize for my dog to those of you who might find him offensive. He is 16 months old. I know I train him well, and I know that he is super friendly (even though he will bark occasionally at some ill-mannered hiker and sniff her butt), and I know that I always pick up after him and don't allow him to give undesired attention to other hikers.... but he is a dog, and he will make mistakes.... so cut him some slack just for a little longer. 'Cause he is pretty happy to be on the trail, and pretty darn happy to see so many friendly people, who want to say 'hi' to him, and offer water, and just revel in seeing his bushy tail wagging, because, let's face it, if we had tails and were in the mountains, our tails would be wagging too!

ps. And a-huh! CorduroyCalves can't spell either! :D So there!

Guess I forgot an "n" #-o :lol:

PreviousNext