Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

PLEASE, keep dogs out of the backcountry!

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
Let's try to keep the topics related to mountaineering, please.

PLEASE, keep dogs out of the backcountry!

Postby lindasmith » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:26 am

Dogs in the backcountry, and on 14ers, are a nuisance. They chase the wildlife, make too much noise, sh*t all over, and insist on pushing their nose into my groin or licking my kids with their slobber. Please, please keep your dogs at home! You really can be alone, for a few hours, without your stupid pets!

Linda

Re: PLEASE, keep dogs out of the backcountry!

Postby Jon Frohlich » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 am

This is going to go well.... #-o

Postby aHudge » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:29 am

here we go!

Postby covfrrider » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:38 am

Kids in the back country, and on 14ers, are a nuisance. They chase the wildlife, make too much noise, sh*t all over themselves, and insist on petting my dogs with their sticky hands. Please, please keep your kids at home! You really can be alone, for a few hours, without your stupid kids!

Postby CorduroyCalves » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:41 am

lindasmith wrote:Dogs in the backcountry, and on 14ers, are a nuisance. They chase the wildlife, make too much noise, sh*t all over, and insist on pushing their nose into my groin or licking my kids with their slobber. Please, please keep your dogs at home! You really can be alone, for a few hours, without your stupid pets!

Linda

I tend to agree with you, Linda, but I'm guessing this thread will be met with criticizm, both constructive and nonsensical. Good luck! :wink:

EDIT: Looks like it already has.
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir

Postby mountainmicah83 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:44 am

Wow. So passionate about you had to start a new thread lindasmith?

http://www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=20877&p=250389#p250389

One place is probably enough to jab people when you are just new to the site.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge

Visit my blog at: http://mountainmicah.blogspot.com

Postby mountainmicah83 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:45 am

covfrrider wrote:Kids in the back country, and on 14ers, are a nuisance. They chase the wildlife, make too much noise, sh*t all over themselves, and insist on petting my dogs with their sticky hands. Please, please keep your kids at home! You really can be alone, for a few hours, without your stupid kids!

+1
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge

Visit my blog at: http://mountainmicah.blogspot.com

Postby cheeseburglar » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:46 am

I don't understand the op. You have some sort of problem with groin licking?
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes

Postby davebobk47 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:49 am

Well I don't usually bring my dog but I think I will this weekend.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality." -T.E. Lawrence

Postby Iguru » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:51 am

covfrrider wrote:Kids in the back country, and on 14ers, are a nuisance. They chase the wildlife, make too much noise, sh*t all over themselves, and insist on petting my dogs with their sticky hands. Please, please keep your kids at home! You really can be alone, for a few hours, without your stupid kids!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I gotta get me an Avatar.

Postby dumbsocrates » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:52 am

+1 Precisely my point!

Postby covfrrider » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:53 am

cheeseburglar wrote:I don't understand the op. You have some sort of problem with groin licking?

LMAO! :mrgreen:

Next