Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Monsoon Flow Continues

Colorado wildfires and flooding
Location: Up high in the San Juan Mtns (Apr-Nov) and down by the beach in CA & HA (Nov-Apr)

Monsoon Flow Continues

Postby San Juan Ron » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:13 am

FYI, the monsoon is continuing and looks to be picking up the next week (lots of rain this monsoon season in the San Juan Mtns., yeah!). Start early! SJ Ron :)

Re: Monsoon Flow Continues

Postby SkaredShtles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:34 am

ENOUGH of this monsoon, already... sheesh.

Postby Presto » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:41 am

by SkaredShtles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:34 am

Yeah, let's have dry and hot ... more fires, less moisture ... that's definitely what we're looking for. :wft: :-" :cartman: I really am confused as to what to do with these "Stage 1" type of people. Next thing you know, they'll be bitching about snow in the mountains. :-$ :wink: Happy trails. :-D
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby SkaredShtles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:49 am

Presto wrote:

Yeah, let's have dry and hot ... more fires, less moisture ... that's definitely what we're looking for. :wft: :-" :cartman: I really am confused as to what to do with these "Stage 1" type of people. Next thing you know, they'll be bitching about snow in the mountains. :-$ :wink: Happy trails. :-D

Well if the monsoon flow would stay to become snow that would be one thing.

But I want September.

All of September.

No rain. Dry. Sunny.

For me.

Me, me, me, me.

I'm selfish that way.

:mrgreen:

Postby illusion7il » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:56 am

Check your Forecast..... TODAY could be the last day of summer conditions in some areas.

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/weather.php?ltype=1#

Postby Scott P » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:00 am

Over here, we've had our driest summer on record.

Last night though, more rain fell than the last 3+ months together.
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.

Postby SkaredShtles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:09 am

illusion7il wrote:Check your Forecast..... TODAY could be the last day of summer conditions in some areas.

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/weather.php?ltype=1#

BRING IT. Freezing levels could stand to be about 6K feet lower, though...

Postby jsdratm » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:19 am

Thanks for the heads up, it looks like pretty nasty weather for the next week

Postby Theodore » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:30 am

Lovely timing as usual... Heading out on Thursday after work, was hoping to introduce a friend to the 14ers and hike Huron. Is this "standard" summer weather, just a bit wetter, or is the whole day Friday pretty much shot?

Postby Steve Knapp » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:35 am

What a great summer its been for the monsoon! We sure needed it too after a couple of drier winters and a hot early summer. Everything is so lush and green in the mountains right now. It is great to get a reprieve from all the fires affecting states north and west of us. It is drying out down here in the front range metro areas, hopefully we can get rain this week as well.

This week or next may be the last hurrah for the monsoon, as a seasonal shift in the weather pattern typically occurs soon and the SW monsoon breaks apart. What is going to be interesting is if these final days of the monsoon drop some snow instead of rain on some of the higher peaks. No cold air in sight yet, but it might be just cool enough to happen under certain conditions. It will probably turn drier for the second half of the month, but the moisture while we can get it is welcome.

Postby SilverLynx » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:36 am

Presto wrote:

I just want it to rain Monday through Friday morning and then be dry from Friday evening to Sunday. :-D
"Find out who you are and be that person. That's what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come."
~Ellen DeGeneres

"The only journey is the one within."
~Rainer Maria Rilke

Postby Presto » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:49 am

by SilverLynx » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:36 am
I just want it to rain Monday through Friday morning and then be dry from Friday evening to Sunday. :-D

I concur. :mrgreen:

by Steve Knapp » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 am
What a great summer its been for the monsoon! We sure needed it too after a couple of drier winters and a hot early summer. Everything is so lush and green in the mountains right now. It is great to get a reprieve from all the fires affecting states north and west of us.

+1
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Next