Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Football League

Colorado wildfires and flooding

Football League

Postby Fisching » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:26 pm

We're a few members short of what we want in an all 14ers.com members fantasy football league on Yahoo. If you're interested in joining, click the link below and be prepared since we're drafting tonight at 8:30pm (MT). And you may be wondering why I posted this in "Wildfires" and the reason is simple. All-out flame wars on the message board are encouraged. Winner receives a free 14er trip with CG.*

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/682605/invitation?key=c1df204f080fb6f2&yw=inv_em_nfl&dt=2013-08-29

*Poop shovel not included
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Re: Football League

Postby SurfNTurf » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:12 pm

If anyone takes Cam Newton before I do, there will be hell to pay.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby fahixson » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:28 pm

How many teams are you looking for? I'm interested, but never played fantasy football before. However, I doubt there's many people out there that watch more than me, but don't play. Similar to my hiking/climbing the last couple years, lots of lurking on 14ers.com, but very little time on the trail.

Cam is just a poor man's Michael Vick . . .

Postby wildlobo71 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:31 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:If anyone takes Cam Newton before Derek Anderson, there will be hell to pay.

Fixed.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby Fisching » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:38 pm

fahixson wrote:How many teams are you looking for? I'm interested, but never played fantasy football before. However, I doubt there's many people out there that watch more than me, but don't play. Similar to my hiking/climbing the last couple years, lots of lurking on 14ers.com, but very little time on the trail.

Cam is just a poor man's Michael Vick . . .

We got 6 currently we're hoping for at least 8, but we'd take more.

Added bonus: If the Panthers suck (and they will), you get to watch a grown man with a hideous 5 o'clock shadow openly cry. It's quite the spectacle.
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby forbins_mtn » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm in. I've only got one league this year. But I get to talk mad s**t about all of you!

Postby kushrocks » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:44 pm

fahixson wrote: Cam is just a poor man's Michael Vick . . .

Bravo man Bravo . . you will fit right in.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby forbins_mtn » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:59 pm

no flex position?

Postby forbins_mtn » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:00 pm

i vote for taking off one of the three WR slots and making it into a flex. I know I'm the new guy, but that's my vote. The flex is what makes it interesting most weeks. It's usually a shot in the dark or based on the defensive matchup.

just my vote though

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:01 pm

still need one?

Postby Fisching » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:06 pm

We're at 9 and can use one more. I made a change to add a flex since I actually meant to do that but forgot when I set up the league.

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:12 pm

ok signing up now.

Next