Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

We're open - Well, maybe! (Update on Springs open space)

Colorado wildfires and flooding

We're open - Well, maybe! (Update on Springs open space)

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Hey gang,

Parks and open space in Springs is now open again, as of around 4 or 5 this afternoon. Gold Camp, High Drive, Sec 16, RRCOS - these for sure. I'm told they are all open, so I presume the Garden as well.

I don't need to tell anyone to be careful, but I sure hope if we see tourists with fireworks or smoking or whatever, we can politely let them know.

I'd heard earlier this morning they were going to leave it closed till after the Fourth; might not have been a bad idea.

Anyway, enjoy, things are open again.

Jim

Edit, 7-2-12: CSPD has orders at Noon today to close High Drive to all activities including hiking and cycling. It will remain closed until further notice. N Cheyenne Canon and Gold Camp remain open today.
Last edited by Dancesatmoonrise on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: We're open

Postby Monte Meals » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks for you update - much appreciated.

Any word on the re-opening on Highway 24 so I can actually get up into the high country?

Monte

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:12 pm

I should point out the Incline, Barr, and Ute were closed mid-afternoon, and may be still closed. PP Toll Road is supposed to open tomorrow.

The City website notes that the various visitor centers will be open tomorrow. See Springsgov.com
Last edited by Dancesatmoonrise on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Monte Meals wrote:Thanks for you update - much appreciated.

Any word on the re-opening on Highway 24 so I can actually get up into the high country?

Monte

Monte, you should be good to go. Opened to Cascade and Chipita residents at 0900 this am, and to the public at 1300 today. I saw it myself, it was open this afternoon.

Postby tmathews » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 pm

Monte Meals wrote:Thanks for you update - much appreciated.

Monte

Hwy 24 opened to the general public in both directions at 1:00 this afternoon.