Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

feature request

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.

feature request

Postby groomden » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:25 pm

There doesn't seem to be a place for feature requests...

GREAT app!

1. Would it be possible to indicate which images you have downloaded to your phone? Something as simple as changing the 'Save Pictures for Offline' text from red to green would be great.

2. A 'my routes' button on the opening screen would be great too. ideally when you clicked it you could also have your routes organized by trips... i.e. Colorado 2010, CO 2011... you know, to show friends later and to be able to quickly drill to the route you are heading on a particular day even

Thanks for the wonderful app!

Dennis

Re: feature request

Postby runningstix » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:32 am

I would like to see a customization feature connecting user names from the site to the app and placing check marks or smileys next to the completed 14ers on the peaks list

Thanks for the awesome app.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" Steve Prefontaine

Re: feature request

Postby Nathan Hale » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:54 pm

groomden wrote:1. Would it be possible to indicate which images you have downloaded to your phone? Something as simple as changing the 'Save Pictures for Offline' text from red to green would be great.

A future feature that I intend to add once I get some time is to indicate exactly what you say on the route page. It will indicate whether your pictures have been downloaded and whether or not they might be out of date. For now though if you are worried that you haven't downloaded the pictures then you can always re-download them... they will overwrite the old images.

And you can always attach your phone to you computer (or use a file manager app such as ASTRO) to see which images you've downloaded.

runningstix wrote:I would like to see a customization feature connecting user names from the site to the app and placing check marks or smileys next to the completed 14ers on the peaks list

I would definitely like to add some syncing with the website for things like peak lists, and eventually maybe even uploading pictures and stuff from the phone. That requires a fair time investment by both me and Bill though, and I know that neither of us really has the time right now. A near(ish) term feature that I would like to add is at least to keep track of your completed peaks on the phone, even if it doesn't sync up with the website for now.
But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.

http://mtns.nathan-hale.com