Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

iPhone / iPAD App

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.

Re: iPhone / iPAD App

Postby matthewbe » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:13 am

This thread has seriously brightened my day a little bit. Especially the Return of the Jedi comparison! I do love a good Apple/PC debate as well.

+1 for iPhone App. But super excited that even the Droid one is in the works.
Not all who wander are lost.

Matthewbe Photography
http://www.matthewbe.com

Postby Mountain Ninja » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:24 am

+1 for iPhone app :)

The only iPhone app for 14ers (that I found) is useless and too basic, and I think it's funny that it's going to go from THAT to THIS one that Bill's got going. Talk about a LEAP for mankind!!
A little pain never hurt anyone.

Fun with karate weapons:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu4kyfjGBiQ

Postby steventraylor » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:29 am

+1 for iphone app

Postby prestone818 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:10 pm

my company does alot of mobile apps for companies around the country. im surprised how many directors and c-level people want the iphone app first. usually they change there mind once we show them the android data. but some people have their own agenda :)

Postby letourneau41 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Has there been any progress in the creation of a 14er's Iphone app? I knew I should have bought an Droid
Every man Dies, but not every man truly lives.

Postby steventraylor » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Bump for any iPhone app news.

Postby mountain_man » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:39 am

Windows phone represent!

Oh yeah, guess who's getting their apps after everyone else. This guy.
"To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy." - Billie Joe Armstrong
"What I know I could put into a pack as if it were bread and cheese, and carry it on one shoulder, important and honorable, but so small! While everything else continues, unexplained, and unexplainable." - Mary Oliver

Postby CODave » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Any iOS devs out there? If so, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Dave

Postby larkinrx2 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:10 pm

go to safari and google 14ers.com
most of the site works just not all of it
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

Postby geojed » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 am

No IPhone/IPad app yet but if you have the Topomaps app for your IPhone/IPad here is a workaround that may get you by!! :lol:

I have the "topomaps" app on my Iphone and I downloaded the KMZ file to my computer and converted it to a GPX file. I then downloaded that to the Topomaps app and it at least gives you the waypoints for every 14er/13er peak! Unfortunately the app doesn't support routes yet. :( But when it does it will be awesome-r! Here's instructions on how to download it (BTW: it is 3.6MB) From within the Waypoint Files section click on the download button. From the browser that comes up navigate to 14ers.com and click on this link http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/downloadTrip.aspx?tripId=1462816&mode=gpx&secretLinkKey=490bdf56-ad41-4084-8184-bb3252c989aa wait a second and the download will start. SWEET!
Last edited by geojed on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:36 pm

I already have the bare-bones 14er and 13er .GPX files, so I just created a page for them:

Misc. GPS/Waypoints Files

I also added the links on the Google Earth Master File page
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby centrifuge » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

+1 on the iOS app if it get developed, I would be a happy guy.

Mac vs PC, it depends. I have both, I love my Macbook Pro, and I love the PC I built for my studio. I have had serious issues with cardboard box PC's, which generally suck because manufacturers like Dell and HP cut every corner they can, something Apple doesn't do (or does a lot less of), and something you can completely avoid by building the machine yourself. For the phones/tablets, iOS all the way, but its really all in what you want to do. I could care less about Flash, and the pro level music app developers have opted to go the iOS route, so for me the options for high quality 24bit capable touch screen soft synths from companies like Korg and Moog make the iOS platform much more desirable. But again, its really all about what you want to do with the machine in the end. :D
"i feel so extraordinary, somethings got a hold on me, I get this feeling I'm in motion, a sudden sence of liberty“ new order

PreviousNext