Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Best "crazy" picture spots

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Re: Best "crazy" picture spots

Postby kansas » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:44 pm

KentonB wrote:WHOA! Kansas, when did you take your picture below? I climbed Windom on 21 Aug 2010. It looks like the rock I was standing on isn't there anymore! Yikes! Check out my picture below yours...
kansas wrote:The block further out wasn't exactly attached.
WindomKansas.jpg

Here's what it looked like in Aug 2010!
IMG_3253 (600x800).jpg

Last weekend.

That's precisely why I didn't step on the block further out...wow.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby SilverLynx » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:00 pm

kansas wrote:
KentonB wrote:WHOA! Kansas, when did you take your picture below? I climbed Windom on 21 Aug 2010. It looks like the rock I was standing on isn't there anymore! Yikes! Check out my picture below yours...
kansas wrote:The block further out wasn't exactly attached.
WindomKansas.jpg

Here's what it looked like in Aug 2010!
IMG_3253 (600x800).jpg

Last weekend.

Wow is right. I can't believe my eyes. That rock must have been 2-3 winters away from cracking off and falling when KentonB stood on it. :wft:
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby KentonB » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:04 pm

kansas wrote:Last weekend.

+1... I'm not always known for making the best decisions!

Postby Winter8000m » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:10 pm

From two completely different landscapes 8)

http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Postby MUni Rider » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Not a 14er, but crazy none the less.....A guy I was riding with a few years back. He goes by "Crazy Karl."

Porcupine Rim Trail, Moab, Utah.

Porcupine Rim Karl.jpg
Porcupine Rim Karl.jpg (111.14 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)

Postby USAKeller » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:25 am

Winter8000m wrote:Image

Sick shot Noah! ^

Where was that?
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby kushrocks » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:08 am

Noah . . . seriously that shot in Patagonia is unreal.

I posted this in the "Dreaming of Winter" thread and Jim suggested I throw it over here. I took this photo looking down at my buddy also named Ryan (Dchild10) in February last year around 13k on Crestone Peak.
Attachments
Crestone Peak Feb2013 one at a time slope.jpg
Crestone Peak Feb2013 one at a time slope.jpg (143.22 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Last edited by kushrocks on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby kushrocks » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:13 am

Took this photo of Kyle (letsgocu) on Denali about 19,500 feet on our first summit attempt before we turned around 200 feet short of the summit as we got caught in a really bad storm that wasn't supposed to arrive until much later. I have no idea what the temps were but all skin was covered and I had every piece of warm gear on.
Attachments
Storm on Denali.jpg
Storm on Denali.jpg (9 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby Winter8000m » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:39 pm

USAKeller wrote:Sick shot Noah! ^

Where was that?

Argentina. I never realized how photogenic that place is until I came back. Very dramatic place with the seracs behind constantly breaking off along with rockfall. Scary but oh so beautiful!
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:36 pm

Just another day in paradise....

Johnny B gets the onsite on Nurse Rached, 5.11b, Cuckoo's Nest.

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:55 am

998918_10201730782461257_91009609_n.jpg
me in semi costume on mount moss / Lavender peak in the laplatas. I saw no orange tape or anyone else for that matter that could enjoy my outfit. Taking my self very seriously in the La platas = solitute
998918_10201730782461257_91009609_n.jpg (64.07 KiB) Viewed 485 times

Postby SchralpTheGnar » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:13 pm

CMC route on mount moran

PreviousNext