Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Who's ready for Summer?

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Re: Who's ready for Summer?

Postby ajkagy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:57 am

bergsteigen wrote:Why hike downhill, when you can ski?

amen...

skiing downhill > biking downhill > hiking downhill :-D
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby England » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:00 pm

I enjoy whatever season it is at the time as to not wish my life away as it's happening to fast already. Spring is for climbing couloirs. So no, not ready for summer! Summer is when the mountains fill with idoits.
Peter Gallagher quote: "Many people say I move fast for a guy that's out of shape. Then I just remind them that round is a shape".

Postby mathguy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Kane: Really superb photos. They've got me pumped (or at least as pumped
as I can be at my age).

Postby Jim Davies » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:50 pm

ajkagy wrote:summer isn't even close, i bet we have a few more decent snow storms to go.

6" today at The Luv, and it snowed all day (sideways) which kept away the insincere :). Great times, summer can wait!
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby SolarAlex » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:20 am

Jim Davies wrote:
ajkagy wrote:summer isn't even close, i bet we have a few more decent snow storms to go.

6" today at The Luv, and it snowed all day (sideways) which kept away the insincere :). Great times, summer can wait!

+1 loveland was so fun today

Postby ajkagy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:22 am

https://opensnow.com/state/CO

unsettled and stormy for at least another 2 weeks? Summer was cancelled and winter is in full effect! \:D/

Hoping for record snow in April/May so the summer hoards don't come out of their hibernation :twisted:
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby Scott P » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:34 am

Spring seems like the ideal season to me.

The canyon country is usually in the 60's-80's in the day, so when you want to get out of the snow, you head there for warm weather. You can still have your snow too if you like it cooler. In May, everything on the lower slopes of the mountains really starts to green up and the higher mountains are still mantled in white. The best river rafting is usually in late spring on the best rivers.

More than any other season, Spring seems the season that you can have almost anything.

To me, May is probably when the Colorado Rockies are at their overall peak in beauty.

For the canyon country, April is probably the peak month comfort wise.
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.

Postby ak47 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:10 am

Summer is the last thing on my mind with the epic conditions lately...Be Here Now!

Postby bergsteigen » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:48 am

ajkagy wrote:https://opensnow.com/state/CO

unsettled and stormy for at least another 2 weeks? Summer was cancelled and winter is in full effect! \:D/

Hoping for record snow in April/May so the summer hoards don't come out of their hibernation :twisted:

Bring it!!! \:D/
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby PaliKona » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Great pic...is that taken on the trail to Capitol lake? How far in?

Scott P wrote:Spring seems like the ideal season to me.

The canyon country is usually in the 60's-80's in the day, so when you want to get out of the snow, you head there for warm weather. You can still have your snow too if you like it cooler. In May, everything on the lower slopes of the mountains really starts to green up and the higher mountains are still mantled in white. The best river rafting is usually in late spring on the best rivers.

More than any other season, Spring seems the season that you can have almost anything.

To me, May is probably when the Colorado Rockies are at their overall peak in beauty.

For the canyon country, April is probably the peak month comfort wise.

Postby bking14ers » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:24 pm

I'm ready for summer. What time of year does warm weather get to you mountain people?

Postby Jim Davies » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:48 pm

It comes and goes. It was about 70 degrees Monday, down to 8 on Tuesday night, back to 55 today. Spring is all about wacky weather around here. :mrgreen:
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

PreviousNext