Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Photograph Books

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Photograph Books

Postby steelfrog » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:45 pm

Howdy--does anyone have a recomemndation for the best on-line service where I could design and "publish" a hardback book with my own pics, etc? I am making books for the kids to memorialize our trips, and don't much know where to start. I know blurb.com does this and maybe adorama.com

Re: Photograph Books

Postby mike_kadow » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Shutterfly is one.

...am looking forward to responses to your inquiry.

Postby geojed » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:05 pm

mike_kadow wrote:Shutterfly is one.

...am looking forward to responses to your inquiry.

My wife and I do picture "yearbooks" every year and we use Blurb. We've been really pleased with how they turn out.
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby USAKeller » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:17 pm

+1 for Shutterfly. I really like it!

Postby yorksman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:25 pm

+1 Blurb.com, I have made a couple different books both hardcover and softcover, very happy with both.
http://www.jodygrigg.com - Colorado Fourteener photos and more.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jody-Grigg-Photography/262024160516067 Jody Grigg Photography Facebook

Postby Scuba Steve » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:00 pm

I've used Picaboo and was happy with the results. I'd keep a look out for Groupon type deals. A lot of online photobook companies seem to be advertising this way.

I would be cognizant of the number of pages you add, the price shoots up pretty quick if you're not careful.

Steve

Postby MaximusAndMe » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:18 pm

I used Picaboo to make a 14ers book in the fall. I highly recommend it. Easy to use. Quick production time. After you download the program, they will send coupons and discount through email very frequently. My only complaint is that after 50 pages the program ran considerably slower than when I had fewer pictures loaded into it. I am working on a book through Photobook America because of a groupon... and it's not been fun.

Postby wncpisgah » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Another vote for Blurb. 100% customizable and great quality. I've used Shutterfly as well, but would easily choose Blurb over them.