Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Need ski/snowboarders/ice climbers to photograph

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Need ski/snowboarders/ice climbers to photograph

Postby yorksman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 am

Hey Guys!

Some of you know I lost my long time job last summer and have been focusing on my photography since. Now that the snow is finally starting to fall I am interested in building my winter sports portfolio. So I am looking for athletes to shoot in the park and sidecountry/backcountry/ice climbing and snowmobiling. I coach freestyle moguls at Winter Park at the weekends so I am only open to photograph Mon-Fri and, I am interested in shooting anywhere from Denver thru to Vail Pass, central Colorado or other front range locations. Would love to get some urban ski/snowboard shots, jumps in the backcountry. I can't pay unless I make some money from the shots but will be willing to trade your time for photographs. Are you interested? if so drop me an email. To see some of my photography so far from landscapes to sports go to http://www.jodygrigg.com

Cheers
Jody
http://www.jodygrigg.com - Colorado Fourteener photos and more.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jody-Grigg-Photography/262024160516067 Jody Grigg Photography Facebook

Re: Need ski/snowboarders/ice climbers to photograph

Postby livetothemax96 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Hey, do you climb/ski etc? Because I am really interested in this as well, I'm still in school, but i can probably have my parents call me in sick or something. I go out ice climbing and skiing pretty frequently so if I am ever out on a weekday I'll let you know!

LTTM96
Ian
whats life unless you live it?

Postby EatinHardtack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:32 pm

livetothemax96 wrote: I'm still in school, but i can probably have my parents call me in sick or something.
LTTM96
Ian

Ian, Stay in school dude. There will be plenty of time when you're finished.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Postby livetothemax96 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:43 pm

EatinHardtack wrote:Ian, Stay in school dude. There will be plenty of time when you're finished.

Yeh,I know, I'm by no means quitting and plan on taking four years of college, but at the moment have a block schedule with different on different days and depending on the day I either have all of my core classes, or all of my art/electives classes. I am studying photography and photojournalism so on my elective day a)my teachers don't care if we are doing something productive and b)sometimes take 'sick' days to enjoy the mountains themselves. I keep up with school and maintain A/B's so the occasional day doesn't hurt...as long as it's occasional.
whats life unless you live it?