Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Climbing Castle+Conundrum

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Re: Climbing Castle+Conundrum

Postby dehrlich101 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:28 am

forbins_mtn wrote:
someone's got sand in their vagina

+1

Good video boogalice
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Postby Coxie2210 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:16 am

to forbins_mtn...I apologize for using words too long too elicit an intelligible response from someone with an IQ lower than that of a carrot. Please forgive and I will try to keep responses to a maximum of 2 syllables so as not to cause overt mental stress. :lol:

Postby hansolo35 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:39 am

"Tommyboy 360" wrote:
Absolutely the worst video I watched all year.

There are tons of pros to everyone owning a mac and a go-pro these days. This is an example of the cons when on a public forum.

Post it publicly, spend the money on self video photography (as if you're climbing Everest), spend the time on editing... THEN at least expect to get a D-BAG review on this forum from this guy. Sorry. And I'm not even going to comment on the music.

Yes. I had a bad day. But even in my best of days did I ever produce something as narcissistic as this... Please PM all hate.

+1
alot of us on this board post trip reports, which many could construe as narcissistic. Doing so is fun and a little cathartic in a sense. Additionally, what's cool and what's not is obviously that of the beholder. What one person does or achieves might be a big deal to them whilst to others it would be interpreted as no big deal. It's all subjective. in reading the various responses to this post, its obvious that the majority out there feel like this video is cool. But i however am with Tommyboy. This video ias trying to be one of those all-too-cliched 'man goes into the mountains, man meets adversity along the way, man suffers a little, man conquers mountain ultimately while learning a bit about himself in the process' ironies. Sorry but i don't see it. It's Castle Peak. it's a sunny day. nothing cool really happens. and the music...the music...
I'm sure it was a cool feat for the OP...
anyhoo, that's just my subjective personal opine.
too bad it's not snowing in Tahoe, or else i would be out skiing instead of reading and commenting on this thread...;(

Postby Jesse M » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:23 pm

I liked the video, thanks for posting. It is so awesome that you did this with your Dad! Have you done any other mountains with your old man? I look forward to your next video. (think about
the music/visual/audience relationship)

Postby boogalice » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:47 pm

hansolo35 wrote:"Tommyboy 360" wrote:
Absolutely the worst video I watched all year.

There are tons of pros to everyone owning a mac and a go-pro these days. This is an example of the cons when on a public forum.

Post it publicly, spend the money on self video photography (as if you're climbing Everest), spend the time on editing... THEN at least expect to get a D-BAG review on this forum from this guy. Sorry. And I'm not even going to comment on the music.

Yes. I had a bad day. But even in my best of days did I ever produce something as narcissistic as this... Please PM all hate.

+1
alot of us on this board post trip reports, which many could construe as narcissistic. Doing so is fun and a little cathartic in a sense. Additionally, what's cool and what's not is obviously that of the beholder. What one person does or achieves might be a big deal to them whilst to others it would be interpreted as no big deal. It's all subjective. in reading the various responses to this post, its obvious that the majority out there feel like this video is cool. But i however am with Tommyboy. This video ias trying to be one of those all-too-cliched 'man goes into the mountains, man meets adversity along the way, man suffers a little, man conquers mountain ultimately while learning a bit about himself in the process' ironies. Sorry but i don't see it. It's Castle Peak. it's a sunny day. nothing cool really happens. and the music...the music...
I'm sure it was a cool feat for the OP...
anyhoo, that's just my subjective personal opine.
too bad it's not snowing in Tahoe, or else i would be out skiing instead of reading and commenting on this thread...;(

Thanks for the feedback.
I guess it may have come across that way. I can see that it's a bit cliche'd, but I guess in a way, what I said IS how I feel about it, because I really DO love getting out and climbing the 14ers, no matter if it's Capitol or Uncompagre (I haven't climbed Capital, but you know what I mean). About how it was portrayed, however...maybe it was too dramatic. But that was on purpose, not because I'm trying to make myself look good, but I liked adding some interest into an otherwise routine trip.

So yeah, maybe it was mis-represented. But sometimes we get to such a high level, we forget that even boring peaks are in reality pretty awesome.

P.S. Sorry you didn't like the music...haha.
P.P.S. Also sorry about the lack of snow, I feel you there...
Die living.

Postby boogalice » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:50 pm

Thanks mtnowl!
Most of the 14ers I've done have been with my Dad and my brothers. It's always a super fun time. And I'll think about the audi/visual/audience next time. =P
Die living.

Postby carson_h » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Great video. I was up there this summer with my Dad and Step Mom (Castle only), but it was cool to see the winter/fall conditions in your video. Ignore the negative comments by someone who was admittedly having a bad day.

Postby forbins_mtn » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Coxie2210 wrote:to forbins_mtn...I apologize for using words too long too elicit an intelligible response from someone with an IQ lower than that of a carrot. Please forgive and I will try to keep responses to a maximum of 2 syllables so as not to cause overt mental stress. :lol:

?? Self'd....

didn't even comment on your post, dude. And I actually liked it. But whatever. Your IQ might be so high that you over thought this whole forum process.

Postby DeucesWild » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:15 pm

forbins_mtn wrote:
Coxie2210 wrote:to forbins_mtn...I apologize for using words too long too elicit an intelligible response from someone with an IQ lower than that of a carrot. Please forgive and I will try to keep responses to a maximum of 2 syllables so as not to cause overt mental stress. :lol:

Your IQ might be so high that you over thought this whole forum process.

Coxie: You should consider joining Mensa. It's been worthwhile for me.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby unclegar » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:19 am

Enjoyed the video (and the music). Cool that you can hike with your dad. Something I'll never be able to do. Some people that have climbed a lot of mountains may think "no big deal". But to someone that has never climbed one, I'm sure they would think that was some pretty awesome footage. You guys ought to consider investing in some gaiters. :D Good job!
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Postby mike_kadow » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:59 am

unclegar wrote:Enjoyed the video (and the music). Cool that you can hike with your dad. Something I'll never be able to do. Some people that have climbed a lot of mountains may think "no big deal". But to someone that has never climbed one, I'm sure they would think that was some pretty awesome footage. You guys ought to consider investing in some gaiters. :D Good job!

All of my sentiments exactly.

Postby Johnson » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:43 am

I enjoyed your video. While I liked the music, it could have used some cowbell.....

Another thing... I'll never climb that mountain.....it looks way too scary! :)
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

PreviousNext