Let's See Your Aerial Photos

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Neil
14ers: 41 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Let's See Your Aerial Photos

Post by Neil »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I added the "14er Aerial Photos" category and moved over the shots which were already added to the 14ers category. Great stuff!
Bill, thanks for doing that! I think it's a great addition to the photography component of 14ers.com. I certainly appreciate it.
"On the edge of the porch in the warm evening night
Throwing the bone for the dog I see two passing lights
Well, I wonder where that driver's bound
Is there someone, somewhere, someway out there that I've not found"
-Driving Song
Neil
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Neil »

jbchallk -- very cool and unique vantage point on Kili! Was that on approach into Arusha?

Mark -- thanks for including so many fun images from commercial flights! While I enjoy getting up close and personal in my little Cessna, it's also fun to get a different, higher perspective.
-Driving Song
Neil
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Neil »

Oh, and while a few of you have already taken me up on it, my offer to take interested folks on a mountain flight still stands. I just ask that you pay half the cost, which isn't too bad, depending on how far you want to go. PM me or reply here if you're interested. This isn't a profit-making thing for me at all (in fact, I still have to pay my share of costs), but I just like taking people flying and sharing the experience.

For those who have asked, I fly out of Rocky Mountain Metro Airport (formerly Jeffco) on Highway 36 between Boulder and Denver.
-Driving Song
EricB
14ers: 2 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by EricB »

Rio Grande Pyramid:

Kang Yatse (Ladakh, India, ~21000 feet)
krazykat
Trip Reports (0)

Post by krazykat »

good link for some aerials...

http://www.pikespeakphoto.com/aerials.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chicago Transplant
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 697 39 34
Trip Reports (66)

Post by Chicago Transplant »

Furthermore wrote:Here are a few from my collection. There are probably way to many to share.

Quandary. Bumpy.
IMG_3494.jpg
Cool shot, but isn't that Humboldt? :-$

I like the shots you posted, the lower angle is really cool! The commercial flights I have been on have been so high that its really hard to tell what I am looking at sometimes, especially out of state. I will have to have my camera ready when I fly for Christmas though, I fly out of Eagle and should get some nice winter aerial Gore eye candy!
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day
Furthermore
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 643
Trip Reports (219)

Post by Furthermore »

How about that. It is Humboldt. :oops:

Longs
DSCF0112.JPG
DSCF0112.JPG (216.24 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
jbchalk
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

[quote="Neil"]jbchallk -- very cool and unique vantage point on Kili! Was that on approach into Arusha?

Neil, yep, on our flight out of Arusha to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I had to jump over several people when the seat belt sign was on for take-off to get a few pics. I was not poular with the flight attendants :)
Neil
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Neil »

jbchalk wrote:I had to jump over several people when the seat belt sign was on for take-off to get a few pics. I was not poular with the flight attendants
I'm sure you weren't, but you have to do what is necessary for the sake of both mountains and art!! :D On a flight in May from Dubai to Johannesburg, we flew over Kili. Unfortunately, I was on the wrong side of the plane and the flight attendants didn't want me standing at the galley window. So, I convinced (read: begged) a nice German fellow to vacate his left-side window seat so I could take 100 shots with my crummy camera phone. The things we do for mountains. Anyway, yours is much better...nice job!
-Driving Song
Neil
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Neil »

Furthermore -- very cool...love the BE1900D. I have a buddy who used to fly a King Air and he couldn't say enough about it. How did you end up flying the 1900D? Are you a pilot by profession? What are you flying now? Anyway, one heck of a plane and much more tolerant of windy days over ridges than the C182!
-Driving Song
Mark A Steiner
14ers: 3 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mark A Steiner »

Thanks Neil, for spearheading this fine thread. And thanks to Bill for his valuable input and contributions here and everywhere else on the site.

Let's keep the aerial views coming.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Like it or not, I am a slow driver. Putt ... putt ... putt ...
Good day.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Futhermore,
Any chance we could get you to add your aerial shots to the new category on the User Photos page? I think they would be a great addition and helpful to many. Very cool shots
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs