Forum

Fall Colors (updated to include any year)

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:47 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby highpilgrim » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:31 am

Boreas Mountain

fall colors2.jpg
fall colors2.jpg (318.96 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:47 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby highpilgrim » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:45 am

Niagara Peak 9/11

niagara columbine 2.jpg
not going down without a fight
niagara columbine 2.jpg (246.35 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:48 am

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby prestone818 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:32 am

its-time wrote:We are headed to Colorado this weekend and will be in the crested butte area... we have always wanted to see Kebler Pass in the Fall, is area changing colors at all...?

thanks.
Mike


mike , how was ur trip? got any pics?

User avatar
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:48 am

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby prestone818 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:39 am

anyone have suggestions for crested butte area hikes with good fall views? usually do buckskin pass, but wanting to switch it up this year...

User avatar
Posts: 2633
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Location: Crested Butte, CO

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby ajkagy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:57 am

prestone818 wrote:anyone have suggestions for crested butte area hikes with good fall views? usually do buckskin pass, but wanting to switch it up this year...


dyke trail has a ton of aspens, just watch out for bikes
lost lake/beckwith pass near kebler pass
East beckwith
anthracites/ohio peak offer a nice summit from ohio pass
beaver ponds trailhead off of ohio pass has a lot of aspens
scarp ridge with an optional summit of purple peak
tons of summit options off of paradise divide
teocalli is a nice peak with color on the approach

User avatar
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby geology101 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:37 pm

We had just finished hiking Redcloud in drizzling, snowy, cloudy conditions when suddenly the sun popped out for a few minutes resulting in one of the most brilliant rainbows I have ever seen. This photo is was taken at the Silver Creek TH on Sept 16.
[img]http://www.14ers.com/images/userpics/2011/u20008p46_110919132859.jpg
[/img]

User avatar
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:16 am
Location: Westcliffe (sort of)

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby bonehead » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:25 pm

geology101 wrote:brilliant rainbow

Your image did not come up for me???. And I would love to see it.

Last Saturday descending Horn Peak; in howling, knock-you-down winds, with shredding ice crystals;
we were treated to a fabulous rainbow that was well below us.
I didn't get a good picture in those Popeye conditions.
HornRainbow.jpg
HornRainbow.jpg (137.88 KiB) Viewed 1264 times

User avatar
Posts: 2633
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Location: Crested Butte, CO

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby ajkagy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:30 pm

prestone818 wrote:
its-time wrote:We are headed to Colorado this weekend and will be in the crested butte area... we have always wanted to see Kebler Pass in the Fall, is area changing colors at all...?

thanks.
Mike


mike , how was ur trip? got any pics?


i went up kebler and ohio pass friday/saturday and there was some color but the majority of the trees on the west side of kebler and near beckwith were still mostly green. the trees seem to be changing a bit quicker near town and on the north side of snodgrass. Colors should be really nice by the end of this week into next week.

User avatar
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:04 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby aiyers » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Drove up Pikes Peak on Saturday and the aspens were in full color in some areas. Some color changes near Crystal Reservoir as well. Might peak this coming weekend I am guessing.

Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby o_O » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Image tag fixed.

geology101 wrote:We had just finished hiking Redcloud in drizzling, snowy, cloudy conditions when suddenly the sun popped out for a few minutes resulting in one of the most brilliant rainbows I have ever seen. This photo is was taken at the Silver Creek TH on Sept 16.
Image

User avatar
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:16 am
Location: Westcliffe (sort of)

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby bonehead » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks for fixing the link.
Rainbows are always a great reward for misery suffered.

User avatar
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: FALL COLORS.....2011 ONLY, PLEASE (for now)

Postby greenhorn1 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:45 pm

o_O wrote:Image tag fixed.

geology101 wrote:We had just finished hiking Redcloud in drizzling, snowy, cloudy conditions when suddenly the sun popped out for a few minutes resulting in one of the most brilliant rainbows I have ever seen. This photo is was taken at the Silver Creek TH on Sept 16.
Image



WOW! Awesome pic!
Choose only one master - Nature. Rembrandt

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests