Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

R U interested in a 14er Calendar?

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

R U interested in a 14er Calendar?

Postby yorksman » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Anyone interested in a 14er calendar? I am thinking of doing my own 14er calendar this year, last year for this year I made a Colorado 2011 Calendar but was thinking of adding a 14er calendar to my selection. Both calendars will be a print on-demand situation, the ones I did last year thru zazzle turned out real well so I will be using them again, never got any complaints from the folks who bought them. So what do you guys and gals think? are you interested?
http://www.jodygrigg.com - Mountains scenes of Colorado and more.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jody-Grigg-Photography/262024160516067 Jody Grigg Photography Facebook

Re: R U interested in a 14er Calendar?

Postby steelfrog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:05 pm

Sure-- and maybe you could do a "contest" on here where people submit photos and we all vote on the 12 to go into the Calendar; we did that on Big Bend chat last year.

Postby gonzalj » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:17 pm

Every year I do a Colorado Mountain Calendar with photos of 14ers, waterfalls, lakes, etc. A lot of the photos are 14ers or valleys surrounding 14ers, but not all of them. So far for my 2012 calendar I have la plata, longs, handies summit view, sneffels summit view, G&T from sniktau, the wilson group, american basin, yankee boy basin & dream lake.

Postby Craig Cook » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:23 pm

I definitely like the idea of a 14er calendar. What are the prices like for the POD like you're talking about?

And if you have the funds, I suggest purchasing some photos from DancesatMoonrise for the calendar. He always has amazing photos.
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Postby Indigomountain » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Two thumbs up for this idea! :YY

k, i know those aren't thumbs but gonna have to do~
"Peace, Love and Fresh Mountain Air"

Postby Jay521 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Craig Cook wrote:I definitely like the idea of a 14er calendar. What are the prices like for the POD like you're talking about?

+1
Last edited by Jay521 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down

Postby Matt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:53 pm

yorksman wrote:Anyone interested in a 14er calendar? I am thinking of doing my own 14er calendar this year, last year for this year I made a Colorado 2011 Calendar but was thinking of adding a 14er calendar to my selection. Both calendars will be a print on-demand situation, the ones I did last year thru zazzle turned out real well so I will be using them again, never got any complaints from the folks who bought them. So what do you guys and gals think? are you interested?

You're talking about a calendar featuring your photos, right? That's how I read your post.
I can't imagine your needing to buy photos from anyone...
Have you selected any to use? If so, can we see a preview of those?

I also like the idea of having members submit their own shots for a calendar, though who's gonna do the legwork?
However, the last thing we need is another 11 "photo of the month" threads. ](*,)

Steelfrog--I checked bigbendchat (first visit in years) and the site looks great! The link to the calendar you mention on lulu.com is dead. Do they produce an annual calendar nowadays?
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby tommyboy360 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 pm

yorksman wrote:Anyone interested in a 14er calendar? I am thinking of doing my own 14er calendar this year, last year for this year I made a Colorado 2011 Calendar but was thinking of adding a 14er calendar to my selection. Both calendars will be a print on-demand situation, the ones I did last year thru zazzle turned out real well so I will be using them again, never got any complaints from the folks who bought them. So what do you guys and gals think? are you interested?

Yorksman - I recognize the duck with a camera avatar. Your photo posts on 14ers.com ROCK. Definitely. Price it right and I'm in. You have always consistently posted some high quality stuff. The calendar will go up on my wall at my tuning/wax station and where I keep most of my gear.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby steelfrog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Matt wrote:

You're talking about a calendar featuring your photos, right? That's how I read your post.
Have you selected any to use? If so, can we see a preview of those?

I also like the idea of having members submit their own shots for a calendar, though who's gonna do the legwork?
However, the last thing we need is another 11 "photo of the month" threads. ](*,)

Steelfrog--I checked bigbendchat (first visit in years) and the site looks great! The link to the calendar you mention on lulu.com is dead. Do they produce an annual calendar nowadays?

The admin (Casa Grande) did it last year; I think he had done it a couple years earlier as well. The idea of the "contest" generated great traffic for the site and interest; there was a limit of entries per poster of maybe 4 or 5 per.

Postby matthewbe » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:52 pm

I'm definitely interested.
Not all who wander are lost.

Matthewbe Photography
http://www.matthewbe.com

Postby 14erFred » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Count me in...I've got 14er fever, and the only prescription is more 14ers. A calendar would be great! =D>
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius

Postby Craig Cook » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:15 pm

Matt wrote:

Looking back, I see that was probably the OP's intent. Sorry about that (although I still stand by the fact that DancesatMoonrose's photos rock). Off to see if I can find some pics by yorksman. :)
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Next