Sunrise or Sunset

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
yorksman
14ers: 13 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Sunrise or Sunset

Post by yorksman »

A quick overnight trip down to the Sangres to take pictures, this was dawn this morning from the high point just west of Humboldt summit, enjoy!
vonmackle
14ers: 30 
13ers: 93 1
Trip Reports (13)

Post by vonmackle »

yorksman wrote:A quick overnight trip down to the Sangres to take pictures, this was dawn this morning from the high point just west of Humboldt summit, enjoy!

Beautiful!
"To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." -Ludwig van Beethoven
Mark Curtis
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mark Curtis »

Wow, Jody......love the soft light and razor sharp IQ. Not much snow left on the Crestones. I know it has been super dry down there. This would be a great time to do the avenue on Kit Carson.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46092977@N07/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mattpayne11
14ers: 58 
13ers: 111
Trip Reports (48)

Post by mattpayne11 »

yorksman wrote:A quick overnight trip down to the Sangres to take pictures, this was dawn this morning from the high point just west of Humboldt summit, enjoy!
Dang - that is hot stuff! I need to upgrade to fx sometime soon (read - 3-5 years). Great photo!
yorksman
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yorksman »

Another shot from yesterday morning from up on Humboldt.
yorksman
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yorksman »

Another shot from yesterday morning from up on Humboldt.
Dancesatmoonrise
14ers: 58  43 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (68)

Post by Dancesatmoonrise »

Jodi, I like what you've done here, very much.

I can also see the difficulties of manually processing dynamic range in the slight darkening of the tops of the peaks against the sky. This is SO difficult.. and if I didn't wrestle with it all the time, I'd probably never even notice it. At least I feel like, looking at these absolutely gorgeous renditions of the Crestones (some of the best we've seen,) that maybe Jodi actually wrestles with the same limitations the rest of us do!

Congrats on a gorgeous rendition of these beautiful and often-photographed mountains!
vonmackle
Trip Reports (13)

Post by vonmackle »

My wife and I hiked Shoshoni last Saturday, and I decided to return to the Indian Peaks on Sunday for a photo day.
IsabelleSunrise5923-web.jpg
IsabelleSunrise5923-web.jpg (326.1 KiB) Viewed 5565 times
IsabelleSunrise5924-web.jpg
IsabelleSunrise5924-web.jpg (346.05 KiB) Viewed 5569 times
Attachments
IsabelleSunrise5932-web.jpg
IsabelleSunrise5932-web.jpg (328.12 KiB) Viewed 5532 times
"To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." -Ludwig van Beethoven
vonmackle
Trip Reports (13)

Post by vonmackle »

Sunrise at Wheeler Lake, Mosquito Range
vonmackle
Trip Reports (13)

Post by vonmackle »

Longs Peak from Mount Lady Washington. Watching the sunrise from the summit was well worth the 12:15am wake up time.

A low-light practice photo taken while wandering around my neighborhood in Westminster
spong0949
14ers: 49  1 
13ers: 47
Trip Reports (26)

Post by spong0949 »

vonmackle wrote:Longs Peak from Mount Lady Washington. Watching the sunrise from the summit was well worth the 12:15am wake up time.
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Mountain photography and fine art:
https://aaron-spong.pixels.com/

Blog:
http://14erart.com

"SOLI DEO GLORIA"
gonzalj
14ers: 40  1 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (11)

Post by gonzalj »

yorksman wrote:Another shot from yesterday morning from up on Humboldt.
I absolutely love this photo =D> . Amazing job!!!