Sunrise or Sunset

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
tlongpine
14ers: 27  1  2 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Sunrise or Sunset

Post by tlongpine »

Sunset in the Needles District, Canyonlands
Sunset in the Needles District, Canyonlands
sunset2.jpg (55.8 KiB) Viewed 5071 times
Sunrise in the Needles District, Canyonlands
Sunrise in the Needles District, Canyonlands
SunriseCanyonlands.jpg (107.69 KiB) Viewed 5073 times
Needles District, Canyonlands
Needles District, Canyonlands
yuccasunrise.jpg (48.88 KiB) Viewed 5077 times
I am unable to walk away from the mountain without climbing it. An unclimbed mountain tugs at my consciousness with the eternal weight of time itself. Until I've pressed my face into it's alpine winds, hugged it's ancient granite walls, and put it's weathered summit beneath my heal I'm unable to resist it's attraction.Knowing nature gives the mountain more time than she gives us adds urgency to the obsession. As has been said before; the mountain doesn't care.

It can wait forever. I cannot.
tlongpine
Trip Reports (4)

Post by tlongpine »

The Flint Hills, Kansas (my homeland)
The Flint Hills, Kansas (my homeland)
sunrise.jpg (74.79 KiB) Viewed 5065 times
Sunrise in the Sangria de Christos
Sunrise in the Sangria de Christos
MeadowSunrise.jpg (63.91 KiB) Viewed 5061 times
I am unable to walk away from the mountain without climbing it. An unclimbed mountain tugs at my consciousness with the eternal weight of time itself. Until I've pressed my face into it's alpine winds, hugged it's ancient granite walls, and put it's weathered summit beneath my heal I'm unable to resist it's attraction.Knowing nature gives the mountain more time than she gives us adds urgency to the obsession. As has been said before; the mountain doesn't care.

Dancesatmoonrise
14ers: 58  43 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (68)

Post by Dancesatmoonrise »

Nice.

I like "Sunrise in the Needles district." Did you do that with a composite of exposures?
tlongpine
Trip Reports (4)

Post by tlongpine »

Dancesatmoonrise wrote:Nice.

I like "Sunrise in the Needles district." Did you do that with a composite of exposures?
Yep. Similarly, with "Sunset...", unfortunately, as the blurred stars indicate, I didn't have my tripod.

jpfeif001
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by jpfeif001 »

These photographs are great!!! Seeing things like this is one of the many things that make climbing/Hiking so fun!!
The spaces between is where I reside, In the moment is where I live, and my family and friends are who I love.
jpfeif001
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by jpfeif001 »

Sunrise Image, just below Keyhole 3 08-15-2011 small img.JPG
Sunrise Image, just below Keyhole 3 08-15-2011 small img.JPG (31.95 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
Long's Peak 2011 019 sm img.JPG
Long's Peak 2011 019 sm img.JPG (49.87 KiB) Viewed 4850 times
The spaces between is where I reside, In the moment is where I live, and my family and friends are who I love.
djkest
14ers: 58 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (44)

Post by djkest »

I haven't had a chance to work these over in lightroom yet. Resized by paint, which sets the .jpg quality very low...
Attachments
Castle_mod1.JPG
Castle_mod1.JPG (27.58 KiB) Viewed 4761 times
castle_3.JPG
castle_3.JPG (49.08 KiB) Viewed 4773 times
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog
Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Presto »

Not a 14er, but still beautiful ... sunrise at McMurdo Station, Antarctica (photo taken by my sister when she worked down there earlier this year).
Attachments
wqPft.jpg
wqPft.jpg (67.33 KiB) Viewed 4681 times
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
roguejackalope
14ers: 39  6 
13ers: 25 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by roguejackalope »

Sunrise from Democrat
democrat sunrise.jpg
democrat sunrise.jpg (29.82 KiB) Viewed 4649 times
"Hiking is just walking where it's okay to pee" - Demetri Martin
CO Native
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (50)

Post by CO Native »

From Rainier:
sunrise.jpg
sunrise.jpg (37.54 KiB) Viewed 4631 times
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com
Mark Curtis
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mark Curtis »

I took this sunrise shot a couple of years ago on Trail Ridge. The 30 second exposure created a couple of "ghost" images of the same elk.
IMGP3911-6.JPG
IMGP3911-6.JPG (105.74 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46092977@N07/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;