Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

The ever important avatar and signature...

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Re: The ever important avatar and signature...

Postby AlpineStart » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:48 pm

The avatar is me on Democrat last year. The signature is what I want on my tombstone.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -- Dr. Seuss

Postby Kruck » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:28 pm

^^^ My photo is of me pointing fearfully at Mummy Mountain. My signature is also what I want on my tombstone!
Sausage, mushroom, and green pepper

Postby conservationist » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Let's see...

av: I dunno, I just always kinda liked good 'ol Marv.

screenname: Kind of a life approach.

sig: Maybe it's inspirational. Or statistical. Or comical. Or perhaps it's metaphysical. Or all 4? Probably stems from my general dissatisfaction with the typical midwesterner approach to life.
Don't be average.

Postby slsterling » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:25 pm

rking007 wrote:Fun question for all who choose to involve themselves... where is your avatar from, if it applies, or, what does it mean to you or why did you choose it, and why did you choose the signature you have.

My avatar is a photo of me at Lake of the Clouds Hut just prior to summitting Mt. Washington. I chose it because it represents the highest peak I've climbed to date, it was one of the most enjoyable backpacking trips I've ever done, and it fits the hiking theme of 14ers.com! I don't have a signature yet because I think it's a sacred space that I hope to one day fill with an epic quote from a hiking trip.

rking007 wrote:One thing I love about this website is the variety of personalities that post here. Our common denominator is the love of the mountains and I am always intrigued at meeting new people and hearing their stories.

Agreed! I look forward to hiking with other 14ers.com members.

Postby WI Lou » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:01 am

My avatar is a sunrise photo I took on the day of my Elbert summit. The signature I how I try to live my life every day.
Whatever your endeavor or dream, pursue it with determination, imagination, a positive attitude, a sense of wonder....with the heart of an explorer.

Michael Cohen at the conclusion of the Bancroft/Arnesen expedition

Postby MoSko » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 pm

My avatar was taken on a hut trip this past winter - Vance's Cabin near Ski Cooper. And my quote is from the song "This Side," by Nickel Creek. It struck a chord...and it's true. :D
Only the curious have something to find.

Postby shredthegnar10 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Avatar is me on top of Little Bear Peak, Memorial Day 2010 -- one of my favorite Colorado 14er climbs. Signature is just a random, (slightly) humorous phrase I came up with because I (more specifically, my knees) hate walking down mountains.
There's a fine line between being a badass and being a dumbass.

ACONCAGUA STYLE

Postby TK » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Kruck wrote:My signature is also what I want on my tombstone!

I want ham and pineapple on mine. :lol: :lol:
"If you're not sure where you are, but you haven't taken the time to stop and look at the map, you're not lost, just lazy." -Darran Wells

Postby MtnHub » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:06 am

After reading the recent thread of problems with avatar, maybe it's time to bump this thread again for all the newer members.

Cheers! :D

Postby DaveSwink » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:55 pm

My avatar and signature are self-explanatory if you watch Big Bang Theory, and speak Spanish.

Postby Tony1 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Avatar: I'm in the CU band and one day before a game I was just being my silly self and acting like a ninja on top of a short little pole. :D

Signature: Nothing special obviously. But I routinely hear Bierstadt's name blasphemized. So I'm here to help. 8) And as always, Go Buffs because I'm proud to be affiliated with CU, and always will be, despite the plethora of bulls**t that gets thrown around about it!

Postby sue personett » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:37 pm

My avatar is a picture of my 2 Siberian Huskies falling asleep on the back seat of my Jeep during a road trip I took with my daughter and my dogs this past May. I hike a lot with my dog Jack. He's on the right. I don't have a signature line but I've always liked the saying, " A witty saying proves nothing." :D
Namaste
Sue

PreviousNext