Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

TRailhead to Lindsey still open???

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

TRailhead to Lindsey still open???

Postby climbing_rob » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:57 am

I can't find any recent info on this, does anyone know if one can still drive fairly close to the Lindsey/Huerfano trailhead? We want to attempt California (a high-100 my wife needs) this weekend. That trailhead is a mile or so before the Lindsey t/h. Thanks in advance for any information!

Re: TRailhead to Lindsey still open???

Postby falcon568 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:57 am

I did Lindsey 2 weeks back. The road to the upper trailhead was open with about 6 inches of snow covering the top portion. There were some deep (~2-3 feet) puddles of water about 2 miles from the top as the snow was melting out down lower. I imagine the water is gone, not sure what sort of extra snow they've had up there since I went though.
"Of course, inside each one of us is the ambition to reach the summit, to realize that you are stronger than obstacles, that it is within your power to do something uncommon and indeed impossible for most people. But one must be prepared to face those obstacles..."-Ed Viesturs

"When I was a child, I felt there was something I had to find before I died. I imagined it as some lost, golden country, glittering on the other side of the mist across our neighbor's fields, hidden within the shadows behind our stone wall—some place beyond the fixed patterns of society, the grey chronology that led inexorably to death. In my twenties, on my first free solo, the light seemed to shatter through me, and the sky pour down the rock. Like so many climbers, immersed in that sudden, radiant awareness of now, I've had that brief and total conviction that each moment is both fleeting and eternal"-Katie Ives