Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Rock Creek TH - Gore

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Rock Creek TH - Gore

Postby leftyslugger » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Been a couple of years since I've been up there. Can a car get to the TH or is it pretty much a 4wd TH?

Thanks!

Re: Rock Creek TH - Gore

Postby benners » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Was just up there a few weeks ago. I was able to make it in a Honda Accord. A few spots were mildly challenging but overall it wasn't bad. That might change if it happens to be wet or snow covered...

Postby GregMiller » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:48 pm

When I was up there 4th of July weekend the road didn't give me any trouble. However, the trailhead parking is in a loop, and right after the road does its "Y" split, on the right there was a big hump that got one of my wheels (on a 98 outback) off the ground. However, if that's a problem, just go the wrong way around the loop, it was not bad going the other way.
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby Rainier_Wolfcastle » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:13 pm

This past Saturday, there was one puddle that covered the width of the road and was about 15 feet in length. From watching the jeep in front of me drive through it, I would guess it was 10 inches deep. Watch out for it if any more precipitation comes down. Otherwise, careful driving would get a car up there.
Shawn D
Broomfield, CO

Postby boudreaux » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Was up there on Monday, it's only about a 1/4 mile to the TH from the puddle if you don't want to risk it. Plenty of roadside parking before the puddle. I didn't find the road terribly demanding, and anything looking suspicious can easily be avoided.
Ragin Cajun