Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Re: 285

Postby jsdratm » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:44 pm

FireOnTheMountain wrote:If you haven't ridden the Denver-Boulder bus (BV, BMX, BX) it is nothing like your steriotypical ghetto bus, see for yourself :)

Yeah, the bus system is pretty nice. I always ride the bus when going downtown. I don't understand why there isn't decent public transportation to the ski areas to reduce traffic.

Postby 12ersRule » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Sorry about confusing England and Dan England. Enjoyed the Homie article and many other Dan England articles. Was always curious about the douchy England posts vs. The well thought out Dan England articles. Part of that mystery has been solved.

Greeley is not my favorite place, but I thought of some bright spots of "G-town"!

1) Centennial square - not sure what the rename is after secession, but it is a cool place.
2) Syntax Spirits
3) Crabtree Brewing
4) Model train museum, haven't been there but it looks cool.
5) UNC Hoops- when Tad Boyle was coach anyway. Sux he's a Buff now.

Postby SchralpTheGnar » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Pack it up, pack it in, let me begin, I came to win, battle me that's a sin

Postby Jim Davies » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:49 am

jsdratm wrote:I don't understand why there isn't decent public transportation to the ski areas to reduce traffic.

There is a private operation to four areas, but it costs more than driving: http://www.frontrangeskibus.com/
$35 full-price adult, which is more than the gas for my car driving from the Springs by myself. A bus has to be cheap to get people to use it.

There seems to be a mindset around here that it's better to spend billions of dollars on road improvements rather than a few million per year on bus subsidies. Better support from the big resorts would help also - especially free lockers. If you're going to Loveland or A-Basin your car is your locker, which wouldn't work with a bus.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of white blood cells.

Postby England » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Fletch wrote:Wow. I must of struck a cord with England. :lol: Don't confuse Dan England (a journalist in the Ft Collins area --- nice guy, we've chatted over PM's occasionally) with England (who's name is actually Dan I believe --- his last name might not be England though). The England who's giving me a hard time comes out of hiding every couple months, sprays some BS, calls people names, and goes back into hiding. If you read his 150 or so posts, everyone has the same experience --- something like "Who the hell is this guy? What an a$$hole!" (sorry Mark, you are right, I need to clean up my mouth). He has the same reputation on Summitpost and he's had a hard-on for me ever since I moved to Colorado... I've never met the guy, but his online persona seems unstable at best... This post should be all the attention I give the guy...

But please, the Dan England that lives in Ft Collins seems like a good dude. The one that lives behind the Broadmoor? Not so much...

Fletch, I must say I'm sorry, I don't really target you, but many of your posts come off like your entitled. Many types of people enjoy the mountains of Colorado, and you just need to deal with it. I have a hard time accepting the mentality that, "We are so awesome because we have climbed up many mountains, and everyone else needs to stay home". Yes I do come off as a a$$hole on here, but if you read all of my posts on 14er's, I really only state the obvious. Congats on your many summits in Colorado!!!!! I do mean that, but don't embrace the normal mentality that people with your track record get. Stay humble my brother! If you ice/rock climb, or enjoy beer PM me and we can hang! I'm not a bad dude. Just not into the look at me, and post it up on the web. Once again I'm sorry.
Peter Gallagher quote: "Many people say I move fast for a guy that's out of shape. Then I just remind them that round is a shape".

Postby Jesse M » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:16 am

=D> Well said England!

Postby SchralpTheGnar » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:40 pm

285 Hz

Previous