Forum

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc. Trailhead Info/Status Reports

Re: 285

Postby 12ersRule » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:24 am

England, Greeley is NOT part of Colorado, not even close. Hopefully, this will be official soon.

Postby Brian Thomas » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:46 am

FireOnTheMountain wrote:It is imperative we stop encouraging SOVs (single occupancy). Bad for environment and bad for traffic.

That sounds commie.
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby Mark A Steiner » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:04 pm

wildlobo71 wrote:Pay England no mind... he carries butthurt from many previous threads where he lost logical discussions with Fletch as well as others.

Well, even Bill has advised that kids (younger folks) may read the thread comments on 14ers.com. Time to tone it down and if doesn't work, take a hike.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Like it or not, I am a slow driver. Putt ... putt ... putt ...
Good day.

Postby Le Marmot » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Tony1 wrote:Fletch: =D> =D> =D>

Le Marmot wrote:thank god I don't live on the fron range anymore. I drink too much coffee and listen to too Much Rob Zombie and Rammstein to put up with such idiocy.

Just rub it in, won't you!

Sorry don't mean to rub it in as I was a urban guerilla at one time.

285 needs some serious updating as traffic just isn't going to decrease. It has been a two-laner for as long as I can remember. We used to call it the "Valley Highway" when I was a kid taking from Denver to the San Luis Valley.
Its got ELECTROLYTES!

Postby Hungry Jack » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:55 pm

So how much of the 285 morass is due to I-70 tunnel work? Is there hope for the William Fosters of the Front Range?

I need more dehydrogenase.

Postby rijaca » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:04 pm

1 The absolute worst day of the year to drive northbound on 285 is Labor Day.

2 The Valley Highway is/was I25.

3 @England Take a hike, a long one at that.

Postby Le Marmot » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:17 pm

2 The Valley Highway is/was I25.

Pardon me, I guess we never did refer to it as the Valley Highway :roll:
Its got ELECTROLYTES!

Postby Fisching » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:29 pm

England wrote:So Fletch let me get this right......You moved here a few years ago, and one of your first posts was to tell us all how bad we are at driving......and now your going to rant at us because you decided to go to the mountains this past weekend. Go back to where you came from motherfucker!

You also suck at driving in snow. And using a turn signal.
(CUE: slowly walk out door and watch ensuing mayhem from safe distance).
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."
"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."
"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby smoove » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:32 pm

12ersRule wrote:England, Greeley is NOT part of Colorado, not even close. Hopefully, this will be official soon.

Hey man! I grew up in Greeley. G-town represent! Ok, perhaps it's not brag-worthy. But I don't think this England hails from Greeley. I believe you're confusing him with Dan England.

In any event, I feel compelled to post this on behalf of all current and former Greeleyites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GbK7z-2UE4

Postby ahrendse » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:57 pm

smoove wrote:
12ersRule wrote:England, Greeley is NOT part of Colorado, not even close. Hopefully, this will be official soon.

Hey man! I grew up in Greeley. G-town represent! Ok, perhaps it's not brag-worthy. But I don't think this England hails from Greeley. I believe you're confusing him with Dan England.

In any event, I feel compelled to post this on behalf of all current and former Greeleyites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GbK7z-2UE4

:lol:

Disclaimer: also a former Greeleyite.
`You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'

Postby TallGrass » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:29 pm

FireOnTheMountain wrote:I read the HOV lanes (high occupancy vehicle) will now require 3 people in the car as opposed to just one passenger. It is imperative we stop encouraging SOVs (single occupancy). Bad for environment and bad for traffic.
Unless you're solo on two wheels, in which case all HOV lanes state "Motorcycles Ok" -- they're part of the traffic solution, not problem. If you've been in CA or Europe, you know how they can also filter through congested traffic. :mrgreen:
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Postby atbaritone » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:38 pm

There is not a lot of benefit to living in Laramie...but thank you to everyone for helping me to realize that the drive through Walden and Kremmling to get to Leadville makes it aaaaalllllllllll worth it. No RVs until Muddy Pass, and even then I can usually pass 'em. And no traffic on the return trip, either...I mean, who goes to Laramie by choice?
An unsuccessful day climbing is better than a successful day working.--Me.

PreviousNext