Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Conditions at Brainard Lake / Lake Isabelle

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Conditions at Brainard Lake / Lake Isabelle

Postby sieggy80305 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:51 am

I was wondering if anybody had been up to Brainard Lake recently and possibly up to Lake Isabelle. I'm assuming that it should be reasonably clear by now but I know with the late season snow there still might be some up there.

Re: Conditions at Brainard Lake / Lake Isabelle

Postby clemsonmtneer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:28 am

Still plenty of snow on the trail to Lake Isabelle as of last Wednesday.

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/peakstatus_entry.php?recnum=2401

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40207

Postby sieggy80305 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:54 am

I kind of guessed that might be the case. The snow seems to love to hang around there. It's one of my favorite places to go though. I'll give it a little more time if I can't make it all the way to Isabelle. Thanks for the info!

Postby PaliKona » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:10 am

Any beta for Audubon? Thx

Postby truCOnative83 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:54 pm

I know this is a little late but, I just backpacked over Pawnee pass to crater lake and there is still son little snow fields to deal with. Not too bad and nothing to worry about. the trail head parking is still closed at lake Isabelle so you have to park at brainard lake and walk up.

Postby scotty1974 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Hey everyone,

Any condition reports on Apache / Queensway couloirs? I know with the rain and heat the snow is rapidly deteriorating. Thanks!

Postby Danny504 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Below tree line from Brainard up to Lake Isabelle/Pawnee pass trails are mostly snow free. Was there on Friday the 5th, couple of small snow bridges but nothing more. Above treeline there were several large snowfields. No winter gear needed, had no issues in trail runners.

Conditions up to Mount Audubon couldn't be any better. Was there almost 2 weeks ago and there was very little snow. Sure it's all gone as of now.

Scott, on Friday I know there were several groups who ascended Apache via Queen's Way. Should still be good but maybe someone else has been since?