Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Frisco-Vail bike path

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Frisco-Vail bike path

Postby PaliKona » Tue May 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Does anyone know if the path is clear to Copper and higher?

Re: Frisco-Vail bike path

Postby scottfarish » Tue May 07, 2013 8:28 pm

I was looking at it on the way back from Moab on Sunday (5/5). It is completely snow-covered from the top of Vail Pass all the way to Copper. It looked like there were dry patches between Copper and Frisco, but I still saw snow in places.

Postby Magnum420 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:04 am

There was an avalanche on and around the Three Tiers area between Officer's Gulch and Copper. I couldn't tell if it made it down to the bike path or not. I'll take a closer look the next time I drive by.
"I was high on life till I realized it was cut with idiots!" ---Anon---

Postby speth » Wed May 08, 2013 8:19 am

Magnum420 wrote:There was an avalanche on and around the Three Tiers area between Officer's Gulch and Copper. I couldn't tell if it made it down to the bike path or not. I'll take a closer look the next time I drive by.

I saw this the other day, pretty large debris field. Wasn't looking for detail on the path itself, though...
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.

Postby PaliKona » Wed May 08, 2013 8:42 am

THank you all!

Postby davebobk47 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:36 pm

The slide did not reach the bike path but was very close. As of this morning it was dry from Frisco to Breck and mostly dry between Frisco and Copper. HOWEVER, its been snowing pretty hard for the past few hours.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality." -T.E. Lawrence