Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mt Lindsey - TH and Road

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Mt Lindsey - TH and Road

Postby dubsho3000 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Has anyone been up to Mt Lindsey recently? I'm curious how the road to the Lily Lake TH is - last update was in March so I'm sure it has changed.

Also, if I'm able to get to 3.6miles from the TH (like folks noted on the TH status page), can I park there? I thought that was private property, but maybe it's allowed. I have no problem hiking the road, just curious as to what I should expect.

Any trail conditions updates would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Mt Lindsey - TH and Road

Postby dubsho3000 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:24 am

Bump. Even if you haven't been there recently, can anyone answer the question on parking 3.6miles from the Lily Lake TH?

thanks

Postby aaronmojica » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 am

3.6 miles from the Lily lake TH is still on private land (although I have heard unconfirmed rumors that parking is allowed at the Singing River Ranch gate as long as you are out of the way). NF land starts approximately 2+ miles below the TH. Prior to that parking is available at the Huerfano SWA approximately 8 miles from L.L.T.H.
The Singing River Ranch gate is about 5 miles below the TH

Postby Muldstar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:45 am

I was up there on April 13/14 and made it to ~0.2 miles short of the Forest Service (about 2 miles short of formal trailhead). The road was clear up until that point and then had some intermittent snow-drifts that eventually turned into all snow. I just left the truck on the side of the road and had no problems.