Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Bike to the summit of Mt Evans?

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Re: Bike to the summit of Mt Evans?

Postby Derek » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:30 pm

blazebo wrote:
justiner wrote:Just road up the other day. Tons of fun. Lots of walkers on the road. Walking the road to the summit? Madness.

who the (BEEP) would walk a paved road up a mountain? i guess the same DB's that would put a road up there to begin with

Me I guess? Ive ran a portion of the road 3 times now this summer, usually just to Summit Lake though. And I also frequently have hiked up the road a ways in the winter as well. Are there better places to run/hike? Yup. But I sometimes enjoy just cruising and enjoying the views on auto pilot, versus normal trail running. I do it more for "exercise" then for "views" though. With a new baby this summer, it let me exercise "high" and still be home early morning. I'm that kind of DB I guess. :wink:

Ironic, I'm currently writing a trip report on the Evans Wilderness, and I've made it a point to show good routes for the nearby mountains WITHOUT using the road. So I'm not THAT in love with it I suppose. :)

--D
"All dolled up in gabardine..."

Re: Bike to the summit of Mt Evans?

Postby TallGrass » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Regarding various ways to top a 14er, BillMiddlebrook's comment on this TR seems appropriate:

"We all have our own way of having fun and 'experiencing' the mountains."
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Previous