Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Camping Heaters at Altitude

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Re: Camping Heaters at Altitude

Postby Rock-a-Fella » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:27 am

its_not_a_tuba wrote:
Rangerat1 wrote:WOW thanks. I am thinking though that the Kifaru sawtooth and camp stove is the way I am gonna go. Just need to save the money to get it.

http://www.kifaru.net/sawtooth.html

There are some great videos on this and seems like the nicest option and is super small and lite and can be easily packed in any where!

Please don't spend your money on this. Seriously, don't do it.

+1 !!!! Don't do it

Too much money and won't be warm which is why you posted this isn't it??

This tent has a "port" for a stove pipe. It does not mean you can use a backpacking stove inside NOT THE SAME!!
It is far from "Light Weight" and is a single wall 2.5 season use at best. Based on your post this will create more problems than you will solve!

I suggest lots of discussion with someone in the know about "What you really want to achieve"! Truck Camping? Trekking? This is not a climber, backpacker or mountaineers set up. Want 4 season floorless? you can cut your weight in half with a BD Betamid but floorless is NOT warm. Thinking you need someone to advise you before you break out your checkbook.

That my $.02

Re: Camping Heaters at Altitude

Postby CO Native » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:58 am

If you own a big enough SUV you can lay the back seats down, convert that area to a bed, then add a remote start. Leave the heat set on high, wake up a little early, hit the remote start, 10 minutes later the car will be toasty warm and emerging from the sleeping bag will be easy.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com

Previous