Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Sept San Juan Lodging Advice

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Re: Sept San Juan Lodging Advice

Postby nyker » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Barry, not sure how you got $131, but I called them and the cheapest they have is more than twice that!

Postby MtHurd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Click on this link.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33667-d215853-Reviews-Mountain_Lodge_at_Telluride-Telluride_Colorado.html

Click on the 40% off room rate link near the top of the page.

A popup should appear that gives you the coupon code of STAY40. That should get you $131. You have to click on "Redeem this offer" and it will take you to the reservation page. Hopefully they will have a room when you need to stay there.

Postby nyker » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Ah, I see...it's good until Aug 29...a tad bit too early for me unfortunately!

Postby KenE » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:22 pm

nyker wrote:Ah, I see...it's good until Aug 29...a tad bit too early for me unfortunately!

Do you have specific dates? I can check on a situation for you.

Ken
What do you call a guy like me up here
More than a hiker, but not quite a mountaineer
The thighs labor and the breathing is hard
I hold high places in the highest regard

Postby Bullwinkle » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Though only having a few rooms, we enjoyed staying at Linnies in a quiet residential part of Lake City. Nice, modern rooms are $75 and it is an easy several blocks walk to eat in town. Have also stayed at The Inn at the Lake. It is nice enough, but is higher cost and out of town. For an economy pick, you might want to check out Ravens Rest Hostel.

In Ouray, we enjoyed staying at the Ouray Chalet right in town. Nothing fancy, but modestly priced, right in town, and it has a hot tub for post-climb relaxing. The Beaumont across the street would make a nice "splurge" stay.

By comparison, one would be hard-pressed to find value-priced accommodations in Telluride. You might want to check rates there during shoulder seasons.
As a mountain more fully reveals itself to a man, so the true nature of the man will be more fully revealed

Previous