Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ouray lodging

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Ouray lodging

Postby weh » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:42 am

What do you recommend for weekday overnight lodging in Ouray this time of year? Thanks in advance!

Re: Ouray lodging

Postby schrund » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:53 am

I got a pretty good rate at the Comfort Inn a few weeks back, right in the middle of town too.
We did not think of the great open plains, the beautiful rolling hills, and winding streams... as "wild". Only to the white man was nature a "wilderness".
-Luther Standing Bear, Oglala Chief

Postby Rarefied » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:03 am

'Stayed here & liked it. 'Will book it again the next time I'm headed that way.

http://boxcanyonouray.com/

R

Postby susanjoypaul » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:21 am

I'd recommend all three places detailed in my hot springs book: Best Western Plus Twin Peaks Lodge and Hot Springs, Box Canyon Lodge and Hot Springs, and The Historic Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa and Lodgings. You may get better rates right now, before the "season" starts around Memorial Day weekend.

If you're not into hot springs, consider Ouray Chalet Inn. It's clean, affordable, there's an outdoor hot tub, and you can get a room overlooking Main Street.

Postby MtHurd » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:39 am

+1 on both the Box Canyon Lodge and the Comfort Inn. BCL has a better view but is probably more expensive.

Postby Winter8000m » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:44 am

Riverside Inn Cabins....Cheap
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:58 am

http://www.historicwesternhotel.com/

we stay here every year for the ice fest. Super cheap, very interesting, and super old hotel. Bonus, directly across the street from Mr. Grumpypants micro brewery. Have fun.
Climb up Pints down

Postby denvermikey » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:12 am

+2 for the Ouray Chalet Inn. Clean, inexpensive, right on main street, right across street from Buen Tiempo so it's easy to walk (re - stumble) to your room after having a litre of their very good margaritas, etc.
Have stayed in or near Ouray about a dozen times and really haven't had a bad experience at any of the places - mostly B&B's. Can't go wrong with just about any of the hotels/lodges but Ouray Chalet Inn is a safe bet.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" - William Wallace
"Because it's there" - George Mallory
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - Unknown

Postby Matt » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:02 pm

susanjoypaul wrote:I'd recommend all three places detailed in my hot springs book: Best Western Plus Twin Peaks Lodge and Hot Springs, Box Canyon Lodge and Hot Springs, and The Historic Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa and Lodgings. You may get better rates right now, before the "season" starts around Memorial Day weekend.

Susan beat me to it! Depending on how much you want to spend, all these are awesome.
My favorite hot springs in CO are at the Wiesbaden, but it's a little pricey.
Box Canyon's pools are nice as well, but it's cheaper than the Wiesbaden.
I stayed at the Best Western once. Accommodations are solid; the hot spring is the least exciting of these choices.
Have fun!
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List