Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

capitol creek TH

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

capitol creek TH

Postby pstew85 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:05 pm

any info on the accessibility of capitol creek TH? any chance of getting close with a 2 wheel drive vehicle?

thanks,
patrick

Re: capitol creek TH

Postby petersd2 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:46 pm

I got to the trail head in my subaru legacy brighton. It's all wheel drive but the clearance isn't all that high. I think I grounded out once going up hill. Very big bumps (burms). Not any big rocks on the road just kind of steep.

Re: capitol creek TH

Postby kaiman » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:21 pm

To clarify... do you mean the general conditions of the road, or the current conditions as of now 2/13/10 ?

If the first one is true then refer to post #2 (although I wouldn't take a vehicle with too little clearance up there as it is steep and rolling and bumpy in spots).

If you are wondering about the current conditions, they usually plow the road for residents of Capitol Creek to the 2WD summer parking lot (which will add a couple miles in length round trip to your ascent).

Just an FYI,

kaiman
"I want to keep the mountains clean of racism, religion and politics. In the mountains this should play no role."

- Joe Stettner

"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end."

- Edward Whymper