Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Crested Butte Camping

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Crested Butte Camping

Postby Breckskier » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Looking for a spot in the Crested Butte-Gunnison area to park overnight this weekend without being harassed. I've read that there is no gate locking Cement Creek Campground, does anyone know if that is accessible during the winter? Will be driving an offroad capable 4wd sportsmobile van. Any other thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
"If you don't do it this year you'll only be 1 year older when you do." -Warren Miller

Re: Crested Butte Camping

Postby Elliot » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:00 pm

The slate river trailhead is a low key spot for camping. What are you looking into for skiing/climbing?

Postby Breckskier » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:10 pm

Looking to head there from Wolf Creek on Saturday night, just planning on skiing the resort at this point and hoping to catch the tail end of the storm. Thanks for the input, I'll look into that. Is the TH in CB or Gunnison?
"If you don't do it this year you'll only be 1 year older when you do." -Warren Miller

Postby Elliot » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:28 pm

cb

Postby gb » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Snodgrass trhd might be another good one, people are allowed to park there when they stay overnight in gothic. I bet you could get away with it just about anywhere in gunny.