Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denny Creek TH

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Denny Creek TH

Postby VT14er » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi
I know the road to Denny Creek TH is closed several miles away, but i have a very capable 4x4 and didn't know if it was closed because of conditions or legally. Wanted to give it a try but didn't want to upset anyone driving on their snowmobile trail.
Thanks

Re: Denny Creek TH

Postby Dex » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:05 pm

I don't have the answer. Just wondering; will you be using tire chains?
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby VT14er » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:18 pm

No chains i have a Tacoma with 35" tires with front and rear lockers, and a winch if i get in trouble. It rides on snow really well with the tire pressure way down

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:22 pm

I was up there today and the winter closure is in place at the Avalanche Gulch TH. The road is snow-covered above the Avalanche Gulch TH and we noticed several 4WD vehicles tried to drive up a ways and failed less than a mile up. Plus, the snow gets deeper as you go up.

Don't bother. Especially without chains.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby VT14er » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks for the info