Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mt Massive halfmoon th

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Mt Massive halfmoon th

Postby slyde55 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Any reports on road to massive southwest slopes/standard route TH appreciated. How far can vehicle get in and can one skin up from TH?

thx

Re: Mt Massive halfmoon th

Postby globreal » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:17 pm

slyde55 wrote:Any reports on road to massive southwest slopes/standard route TH appreciated. How far can vehicle get in and can one skin up from TH?

thx

Call the Lake County Sheriff's office @ 719-486-1249 or the San Isabel National Forest @ 719-486-0749. (For the latter, see if you can speak with the Wilderness Ranger-Steve.) Real helpful in getting beta when I climbed Mt. Massive on Dec. 05th. And back then we were able to drive all the way to the N. Halfmoon Creek TH in standard 4x4's.

Good luck.
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Re: Mt Massive halfmoon th

Postby RobertPetrowsky » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Based on the amount of snow we got in town today I would say you probably can't get much past where the forest starts. You should be safe skinning or snowshoeing in and I can't imagine there is much snow one you get to the sw slopes. It has been a gale on the peaks for a while now and a lot of snow is blowing off the west faces.