Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mt Massive halfmoon th

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Mt Massive halfmoon th

Postby slyde55 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Any reports on road to massive southwest slopes/standard route TH appreciated. How far can vehicle get in and can one skin up from TH?

thx

Re: Mt Massive halfmoon th

Postby globreal » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:17 pm

slyde55 wrote:Any reports on road to massive southwest slopes/standard route TH appreciated. How far can vehicle get in and can one skin up from TH?

thx

Call the Lake County Sheriff's office @ 719-486-1249 or the San Isabel National Forest @ 719-486-0749. (For the latter, see if you can speak with the Wilderness Ranger-Steve.) Real helpful in getting beta when I climbed Mt. Massive on Dec. 05th. And back then we were able to drive all the way to the N. Halfmoon Creek TH in standard 4x4's.

Good luck.
Luke 1:30 The angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. 31 "And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus.

34 Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I am a virgin ?"

37 "For nothing will be impossible with God."

Re: Mt Massive halfmoon th

Postby RobertPetrowsky » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Based on the amount of snow we got in town today I would say you probably can't get much past where the forest starts. You should be safe skinning or snowshoeing in and I can't imagine there is much snow one you get to the sw slopes. It has been a gale on the peaks for a while now and a lot of snow is blowing off the west faces.