Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Antero 4WD/Jeep Road

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Re: Antero 4WD/Jeep Road

Postby larkinrx2 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:28 pm

wyman wrote:How far up the baldwin gulch road will my subaru outback make it?

how much do you love it and willing to push it?
see photos in thread page 1
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

Postby Tigerbear » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:48 pm

The photos on page 1 are of the 4 wheel road above treeline..... which is a relatively smooth road with hair pin turns. The first 3 miles up Baldwin Creek Road are moderate 4 wheel drive. If you are a good negotiator , you can probably get to the creek crossing with a subaru.
people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel...

Postby larkinrx2 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Tigerbear wrote:The photos on page 1 are of the 4 wheel road above treeline..... which is a relatively smooth road with hair pin turns. The first 3 miles up Baldwin Creek Road are moderate 4 wheel drive. If you are a good negotiator , you can probably get to the creek crossing with a subaru.

the photo on page one that i posted (have to use link) is of the road before the first stream crossing

larkinrx2 wrote:heres a pic from last july
download/file.php?id=2423
the truck will make it, just be careful on the lower half until the first stream crossing with the back end bouncing around
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

Previous