Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Leadville lunch/dinner suggestions?

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Leadville lunch/dinner suggestions?

Postby My-Therapy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:31 pm

I was wondering if I could get a few recommendations on where to stop for lunch/dinner tomorrow while we are in Leadville. My son and I will be hiking Mt. Elbert tomorrow and we planning on stopping for a well deserved bite to eat in Leadville. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, J. Hart

Re: Leadville lunch/dinner suggestions?

Postby CUaaron25 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Rosies Brewpub, I think its on 7th just off the main strip in town. Past Time on 2nd st off the main strip in town.

Postby Flood » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:41 pm

Golden Burro Zomg! :shock:
Remember, Only you can prevent Forum Fires.

Postby Gueza » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:54 pm

The Coyote Cantina its in Johnson village barely south of buena vista.
Look at every setback, failure, and time you feel down in your life as a temporary, fixable condition. That is how you never give up and keep moving onwards.

"Never Stop" - AJS

"Be kind, Take care of yourself, and Work Hard" -Steve Gladbach

https://www.youtube.com/user/14erskier

Location: Little-Town; Front Ranger During the Week, Off Piste or close to it on the Weekends

Postby mtnbikir » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:00 pm

[quote="CUaaron25"]Rosies Brewpub, I think its on 7th just off the main strip in town. Past Time on 2nd st off the main strip in town.[/quote]

Agree on Pastime and Rosies. Add Tennessee Pass Cookhouse, The Grill.

Coyote Cantina food? Would not feed it to my dog. See a previous post on this. :)

Postby susanjoypaul » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:02 pm

I ate at The Golden Burro once – ordered the “Old Fashioned Fried Chicken Dinner with Homemade Mashed Potatoes and Salad” – and it was amazing. But, I had camped in the rain the night before, and done Holy Cross via Halo Ridge that day, counter-clockwise so as to enjoy a nice leisurely hike out, and had hit some ranked 13ers on the way as well, so I suspect just about anything would have tasted amazing that night.

In fact, there were four of us, sitting there in the booth, impatiently waiting for our meals, when the waitress whizzed by after clearing a table. I remember a French fry, dipped in ketchup, flew off the tray and landed on the carpet next to us. We all surreptitiously eyed that French fry, then each other – and for a minute I thought the guy across from me was going to make a dive for it. In the end, we all behaved ourselves and kept our self-respect intact – and left the orphan fry to languish there, while we held out for our meals.

One of my friends ordered the chicken tenders and they paled in comparison to my deep-fried feast. I ended up giving him a breast. Golden Burro, Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes. You won’t regret it.

Postby thebeave7 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:03 pm

Personally I'm really not a fan of The Golden Burro. Only place I've found that I like is "The Grill". It's kind of tucked away on the South end of town, decent Mexican, not amazing, but good after a long day in the mountains.

Eric
Me fail English? That's unpossible. http://www.ericjlee.com/Blogs

Postby ajkagy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:31 pm

rosie's brewpub for sure...that place is great.
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby My-Therapy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:52 pm

Great! Thanks for the suggestions. I think we will head to Rosie's Brewpub after Elbert tomorrow.

Postby alpenglow » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:20 pm

Definite yes for Rosies Brewpub and T Pass Cookhouse. I also am not fond of the Brass Ass/Golden Burro...but if you are a steak and potato kind of guy check out Quincy's on Harrison . They will serve you a very satisfying steak dinner. You can chose what size steak you want from 6 oz. to 15 oz.

Postby nyker » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:31 pm

Golden Burro. I've eaten there three times and had great prompt service and the food was quite good and very reasonably priced.

Postby randalmartin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:56 pm

ajkagy wrote:rosie's brewpub for sure...that place is great.

+1. Although I have to say that the transvestite worker was a bit of an odd siting in Leadville.

Next